Chapter 5

*Chanyeol's POV*

We've been planning our escape for 6 months now. The abuse Baekhyun has gone through is getting worse and worse as the days go by. He's now getting bruises and cuts that lasts for weeks and they don't heal as quickly as they used to. I worry for him, but our plan was almost complete. When we get out of here, Baekhyun.. I promise that I would make up for all the trouble that I've caused you..

We didn't have much and I don't have any cold cloth, but I ripped my shirt up to tie around his wounds and now I don't have a shirt. I felt bad that he's willing to take the beatings for me, he wants me safe.. I've done this to him. I hurt him. I put him through the pain that I was supposed to be in.

Baekhyun stirred in his sleep, cold sweat was running down his face. I used the blanket to wipe it. He started thrashing around and screaming. The nightmares he gets are becoming worse and I can tell from the way he screams. I shook him awake, "Baekhyun! Baekhyun please! I'm here! I'm here for you!" I held him close to my chest and I can feel his heart beating faster and his breathing was sharp and sounded forced. He looked up at me and cried, "Chanyeol.. They keep hurting me.. I don't know how much longer I can take this pain. It's hurting me mentally and physically," he kept crying and I couldn't figure a way to calm him down, so I kissed him.

The kiss was for comfort, to give him hope for the better future. It worked. He wrapped his arms around my neck and it lasted for a few minutes. He wiped away the few remaining tears when we parted. I lifted his chin, "Baekhyun.. I'm so sorry.. I didn't realize how much I love you until now. I didn't know what to do back then.. I shouldn't have done those things that I did." Baekhyun gave me a weak smile and hit me, "Pabo... It took you 2 and a half years.. It only took me one look at you to realize you were the one for me." It hit me so hard. No wonder he always took care of me and defended me.. He's been waiting for me and all I did was be an asshole to him. I kissed him again, but this time with more passion with a hint of guilt. He wrapped his arms around my neck again and slightly tugged at my hair. We laid together that night, cuddling and praying our plan will work..

*Few hours later*

It was time. The guards came in and roughly pulled both of us. Baekhyun and I dealt with it until we reached the cafeteria for dinner. We grabbed a spoon and fork, we sat with our regular group of people. When one of the guards try to grab Baekhyun, I took my fork and stabbed him in the eyes repeatedly, blood gushing and spraying all over me. Baekhyun did the same with another guard. Other mental patients helped us and we all tried to break free. Half of the people here weren't mental, but the cruel people did this for their own fun and business.

Baekhyun and I ran out to the office, policemen were there with guns and stunguns. I stood in front. The policemen just stared at us, "Put the forks down. You're under arrest for murder," one of them said. Baekhyun held out his hand, "No! You don't understand! They have been abusing us!" He tried to tell them, but they thought of him as a threat and used their stungun. Baekhyun fell to the ground, shaking, his wounds opening up again and blood began to pool. I pushed the policemen, "Look what you did! He's been beaten enough!" I cried and held him in my arms. The policemen looked down in shame and called for an ambulance.

When the ambulance arrived, I had to go with them. This wasn't the plan. I didn't want Baekhyun hurt. I didn't want the police to be here. We arrived at the hospital and the EXO members were there. I couldn't look at them, especially Kris. I knew things would get heated and I could possibly let him beat me till I'm dead on the cold hard ground. I walked in with Baekhyun on the stretcher. I could hear Suho and Kris arguing over whose fault it was and Kris blames me. I would've guessed.. I did get my Baekhyun into this mess and I tried to get him out, we succeeded. In a very bad way.

I sat in the room, holding Baekhyun's hand. The IV needle punctured his beautiful white skin, machines beeping all around the room, gauze wrapped around his torso where most of his bruises and cuts were. I cried helplessly. I should've protected him better. I can't leave his side. I want him to see me when he first wakes up, but the nurses wouldn't let me stay all night. I was kicked to the curb, nowhere to go until I saw Kyungsoo in front of me, "You know.. Kris probably won't let you back into our dorm, but me and you can stay in a hotel room to keep you hidden from him and so you can see Baekhyun." I nodded and we walked off to a nearby hotel and stayed there. Kyungsoo actually brought clothes for the both of us, seems like he actually planned this.

I laid in bed thinking about my 6 months in that horrible place. The things they did to me and Baekhyun. I would be traumatized possibly forever, but I'm sure things will go back to normal once Baekhyun wakes up and heal. I hope he wakes up soon. I wouldn't forgive myself if he dies. I finally realized how much I love Baekhyun...

I can't lose the only person who means everything to me.

AN: I'm so sorry it took me over a year to write this. I lost my creativity. After getting ideas for a different story, it tested me to see if I had creativity to keep going with this. I'm planning to keep going with the last couple of chapters.