1

As I ran about the house frantically searching for my tights I heard my phone ring. "I don't have time for this" I mumbled to myself. The face of my best friend, Jess, appeared on the screen. I took the call. "Hey J, I'm almost ready." I answered. "Slight change of plans..." she replied. This is just like her. To force me to go to a party that I don't want to go to, only to switch it up on me. "What is it?" I asked in a slightly annoyed tone. "I'm getting a ride from this really cute boy I met that moved into my apartment building so I can't come get you-" I cut her off. "Fantastic. So if you'll excuse me I have Grey's Anatomy waiting." I said. "Wait wait wait; The guy I'm getting a ride from, his name is Bryan and he's used to be in this band called 'The Neighbourhood' He's sending one of the guys to come get you." Jess exclaimed. "What?! No way. I'm not gonna have you bail on me yet still force me to go to a stupid party with some guy who neither of us know. No way." I said angrily. "You have to. He's on his way, see ya soon! Love ya!" she hangs up the phone before I could say anything else.
I see a car pull up in the driveway. "Woah..." I whisper to myself. He made eye contact as I stood in the door way and smiled as he stepped out of an old car. "Hi, I'm Mikey." he introduces himself. I thanked Jess in my head because this boy was extremely attractive. "Hey, sorry for being a hassle, if I had known-" I said. He cuts me off "No no, don't worry about it." We walk to his car, he opens the door for me... what a gentleman. His exterior would suggest otherwise with his old black leather jacket and torn jeans. I took a deep breath as to prepare myself for the repulsive environment that house parties feed off of. But with this sweet blue-eyed, curly-headed boy sitting next to me, it's already gotten better.