7

*1 Year Later*
    Ah, it felt good to be home. Don't get me wrong, seeing the world with my best friends was a dream come true but I missed California. It was the boys' final concert of their tour. Jesse came up from behind me "Why don't you just tell him?" He caught me staring at Mikey... again. He was already walking out on stage before I could reply. He turned back and gave me a wink. He was right after all. I'm am utterly infatuated with that boy.
     After the 'meet n' greet' we were off to an after party. I walked in and caught a feeling of nostalgia thanks to the party that first introduced me to the world of roofies. I was hesitant to come for this reason, I run off to the bathroom to relax and clear my head a bit. A few minutes later I open the door to see a girl in stilettos sitting playfully on Mikey's lap, running her hand through his hair whilst kissing him intensely. I could feel my heart break inside my chest. It felt as if all the air were taken from my lungs. Our eyes locked. I headed for the door. I felt Brandon grab my arm. "Where are you off to?" He asked. "I don't know yet." I responded hastily. By this point I could feel the tears running down my cheeks. I got to my car and was struggling with the key, my hand was shaking. I heard footsteps. "Lela...Lela wait." Mikey's voice called out from behind me. I ignored him, if I face him I might break down. He put his hand on my shoulder. I took a deep breath and calmly got in my car. I drove off, vision blurry from the tears. The picture of him standing on the side of the road in my rearview mirror slowly faded.