The Hogwarts Express

I looked around for Harry, my father gone as soon as I got onto platform 9 3/4. I spotted him struggling to lift his trolley onto the train, and two red headed twins walking towards him, but I got there first.

"Hi Harry! Need some help?"

"Oh hi Draco! Yeah, thanks." Together we managed to lift the trolly onto the train and went into an empty compartment.

As the train began to move, a tall ginger haired boy came into the compartment.

"Hi. Can I sit here? Everywhere else is full."

"Sure," Harry said. The twins I saw earlier came in, rambling about a tarantula. They called the boy Ron. He sat down next to Harry as the boys ran off. I looked him up and down.

"Ginger hair, hand-me-down robes... Tell me something, Ron- are you a Weasly?" Ron nodded. "I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy." Ron sniggered. "Think my name is funny do you?"

"My dad's told me about the Malfoys. He said they're useless evil-doing pure bloods." Pure bloods was barely an insult, and I guess some Malfoys have known to be evil, but useless got to me. Useless is what my father called me everyday. I stood up, and gathered my bag.

"No, Draco, stay," Harry said. "You can go." Ron scoffed and left. I really tried not to cry. I really did. But all I could here was my father yelling at me, and the tear trickled down my cheek. "Draco, are you okay?" Harry moved seats to sit down next to me, wrapping his arm around me. I shook my head. "Don't let him get to you." I nodded, wiping my tear away, just as a bushy haired girl walked in.

"Have any of you seen a toad? A boy called Neville's lost one."

"No, sorry." She sighed, an I notice she was already in her robes.

"You better get changed, we'll be arriving soon. I'm Hermione Granger, by the way."

"Hi, Hermione. I'm Harry Potter."

"Really? I hoped I would see you!"

"I'm Draco Malfoy."

"Hi, it's nice to meet you. Do you kind if I sit here?"

"Of course." Hermione sat down.

"What houses do you want to be in?" Hermione asked.

"Slytherin. If I'm not, my father will murder me!" I said, whilst Harry shrugged.

"I want to be in Gryffindor, or maybe Ravenclaw." 

We talked the whole way to Hogwarts, and for once in my life, I was happy.