xscape | 6

Chapter 6 |

"Babe , you want something to eat ?" I yelled up the stairs to Damion.

We have been dating since the night he showed up at the hotel.

I was scared at first because what nigga would want a prostitute ?

But he did. He said he didn't care about my past and that he wanted to be with me so much that he would over look it.

After several doctors visits and King's crazy ass , I was finally able to live my life a lot better.

"Yea , you cooking ?" He said coming down the stairs.

I smacked my teeth and walked off. He better be lucky I'm in a good mood because we was gone be eating Mc'donalds.

I went into the kitchen grabbing things I might need. We needed to go grocery shopping like ASAP.

I took out some rice , jerk shrimp , black beans and fried plantains.

As I was cooking Damion came into the kitchen.

"Nae , I gotta make a run. Ill be back in bout a hour , coo?"

I turned around and tilted my head to the side.

"Coo." I replied. I wanted to ask him where he was going but decided against it.

He's never given me a reason to doubt his where abouts so I let it go.

I heard the door close as he left out and sighed.

I hated being here alone. I hated being alone period. It made me think about my past and I was trying so hard to leave that alone.

I grabbed the remote to the Bluetooth speakers and connected to it.

Tinks 'Somebody' came blasting through. I sang along as I got the food prepared. I wasn't the best singer but I could carry a note.

As I put the rice in the rice pot , I heard a knock at the door.

I sighed and walked to open it. We never had visitors as long as I've been here so I was a little lost on who it could be.

I looked through the glass and didn't see anyone. I opened the door and there was a box there.

I smiled thinking it was Damion doing something sweet. I grabbed the box and kicked the door closed with my foot. I pushed the box under my arm and locked the door back.

I carried it to the table and ripped it open. It was a Ziploc bag full of cocaine.

The smile I had on my face faded and I grew paranoid. Who sent this ?

I picked it up and there was a sticky note on the back of it.

Desire , I know you'll need this to help you get through your struggles. I did.
- Mandy.

I threw the bag down back into the box and sat in the chair at the table.

Im not no fuckin crack head. I did it every now and then but not on a daily. Who the fuck did this bitch think she was sending this shit to my house ?

I grabbed the box and took it up stairs to me and Damion's room. I stuffed it under the bed.

I turned and looked at myself in our ceiling to floor mirror.