Chapter 26 - The day (part 1)

Austin POV
I woke up to an empty bed, Ally already got up. I looked around the room and stood up. I walked over to the window and opened the curtains. There was a car standing on our driveway. That is probably the police. They didn't came in a police car, that would be to obvious. I walked downstairs to find Ally walking around in the living room. 

"Gosh finally, you're awake" She says. 

"What's wrong?" I ask. 

"I don't know, I'm still scared" Ally says and sits down on the couch. 

"It'll be all right" I say, while sitting down. And just as I want to kiss her, a cop walked in. 

"oh, am I interrupting?" He asks. 

"no, go ahead" I say and keep a little bit distance between Ally and me. 

"Do you have any idea of when she will come to your house?" He asks. 

"No, I'm sorry" I say. 

"Then we'll have to wait to find it out" He says, quite happy. Which is not the mood for today though. 

After 3 hours, nothing happened yet. 

"Are you sure it will happen today?" The cop asked. 

"Yeah, 99% sure" I say. "Okay then" The cop says and walks out the door again. 

"And what do we do in the remaining time?" Ally asks. 

"I was thinking we could do a little" I say and cut myself off by kissing her. 

"Austin, not that I hate it but don't you think it's not a good moment to kiss?" She says. 

"Yeah, you're right. Just one last kiss?" I say, with a smile. 

"well, okay then" She says and stands on her tippy toes and kisses me. We sit down on the couch and I lay my hand on her thigh. 

Ally POV
We just sat there, literally waiting for something to happen. Then the lights went off. 

"Austin, what is this?" Ally asks and grabs my hand which was on her thigh. 

"I don't know" Austin says. I grab the torch which was on the table, I stood up and turned it on. 

"Great, low battery" I say. It goes off again. I keep clicking the button and flashing around. Then it turns on for a longer time than usual and I see someone walking. I put the torch away since it stopped working and then the lights go back on again. 

"Who did that?" Austin asks. 

"Guess who?" Someone says behind us. We both turn around and there is Kira, with a gun, pointing at us. I shock and someone pulls me away. At first, I'm scared but then I see it's Austin. 

"Kira, please, don't do this to us. I can't change it that I like Ally instead of you, it's not gonna change, but if you have to take one of us, take me. I'm willing to give up my life for her. I don't want Ally to blame for this"

To Be Continued...