Chapter 2 Beauty Is Killer

{Your POV}

You sat beside America, dabbing lightly at the gash on his back. He laid on a bed face down, and he rested his head on his arm, looking away from you.
    "This is gonna sting." You warned him, putting some alcohol on another piece of fabric you had ripped off. You wiped at the gash quickly, and he tensed up, inhaling sharply. "Are you okay?" You asked, and he nodded.
    You tried to clean it some more, but he kept tensing up and it was hard to work with the fabric of his jacket and shirt in the way. "America, you're going to have to take your shirt off." You said. "Either that or I'll get France to cut it off."
    He shook his head. "Uh uh. I'm not taking it off."
    "I'll cut it off then." France said from the other side of the bed, moving the scissors he was holding back and forth so they made a snip snip snip sound.
    "No." America said.
    "America, you're acting like fucking PEI. Take your fucking shirt off." Den said from across the room.
    "And you said you were straight?" France asked him. The "I am gay, gay, gay" meme song blared from Sweden's phone, and Denmark threw a balled up piece of fabric at France and elbowed Sweden.
    "Denmark's sexuality is besides the point. We'll talk about that later." You said, pointing a finger at him, and he grinned. "America, I need to clean this, so you need to take your shirt off. You can put it back on after."
    "No!" He said.
    "Do you have a problem with someone? We can go to a different room, or I can leave." You said, and he shook his head again. "Then take it off or France will cut it."
    America made no motion, so France leaned over and cut the jacket off, and then cutting his shirt off.
    There were many more little scars around his back and up his arms. Some looked like they'd been there forever, and some looked fresh.
   Your eyes widened, and you touched one gingerly. "America." You said, what happened?"
    He flipped over and winced, and then reached for a blanket, pulling it up and around himself. He sat up and pouted.
    "America, you're acting like a big baby." England said. "Let Québec clean your wound and then you can mope and be as stubborn as you want."
    "Mr. America, you don't want an infection." Finland piped in.
    "Is it about Canada?" Sweden asked. America tensed up, but shook his head.
   "Then what the bloody hell is wrong?" England said.
    "Lay back down. You can have that sheet around your chest, but your back needs to be bare." You said.
    He frowned, but flopped back down, tucking his arms under him. You dabbed at the large gash on his back again, and he tensed up, but didn't say anything.
    You dabbed again, and America flipped back over, slapping your hand, causing you to drop the fabric. "Stop." He said, getting up. He had the blanket wrapped tightly around himself and stalked off, shutting the door to the room you were using as a mini infirmary behind him.
    "What's his problem?" Denmark said.
    "Something's up." England said. "He's usually up for taking his clothes off."
    "Am I the only straight one here?" You asked, and Sweden played the 'I am gay, gay, gay' song again. You glared at him. "You think you're funny?" He nodded, and you shook your head.
You sat on the bed where America laid moments ago, surveying the room.
Denmark had white bandages wrapped around his head, and it looked like he was wearing a white headband. England had the same bandages on, except they were wrapped around his waist. France had cotton balls taped to his neck for now, but you promised that he could take them off later. Finland had cut himself on the scissors, so he had a bandage around his finger, and Sweden's jaw was starting to bruise because he tripped over Denmark and hit his jaw off of the foot of the bed.
"Finland." A familiar voice said, and you looked to where America had left, and Iceland came in, holding papers. Norway trailed behind him, holding a laptop and a USB painted to look like the Swedish flag. You guessed it was Sweden's.
Iceland dropped the papers on a bed, and Norway knelt and powered up the laptop, opening a video. Finland circled around the two boys, and Sweden and Denmark followed suit. England and France peered over as well, and you craned your neck to see.
"C'mere." Sweden said, kneeling down, and you climbed on his back. When he stood back up, you could see fine.
"Thanks, Svey." You said.
"Okay, we were going through the AirCam-" Iceland started.
"What's an AirCam?" England asked.
"Exactly what it sounds like." Norway said. "It's a camera attached to Scandinavian-made air transport that records video all the way around it, 360 degrees, inside and out."
"Anyways, we were going through the footage on the one that had the Europeans on it earlier. It's Denmark's so we figured it'd have a cam on it, so we hacked it and found this." Iceland continued, and Norway pressed a button on the laptop and the video started to play.
Germany, Italy, Japan, China, Russia, Latvia, Hungary, Greece, Turkey, Romano, Austria, and Prussia were all sitting on the plane, all wearing backpacks.
"If you see the girl, keep her alive. We're going to need her." Germany said.
"If she's not there, we'll track her down with this." Latvia said, and held up a thin silver bracelet. "Estonia designed it. He's given Finland earrings that go with it to give to Denmark to give to her. If we activate this, it'll locate the earrings, which should lead us to her, and hopefully the others."
"What do we need her for again?" Italy asked, swinging his legs.
"She's useful." Japan told him. "That die of hers? If we take that from her, that's very important and great for battle. She's a great fighter, you saw what happened with her and Prussia."
"Totally not awesome!" Prussia said, recalling the memory.
"Also, if we take her, that's going to lead America, Denmark, England, France, and Canada to try to find her, which will lead them right to us." Germany continued.
"And then it's slaughter time!" Prussia said.
"Nein." Germany told his brother. "We toy with them first. And we're not slaughtering them. Slowly, eins by eins."
Norway leaned back over and stopped the video, and you slid off of Sweden's back. Everyone looked pointedly at Finland.
"I-it's not what you think!" Finland said. "I-"
"Finland, I think it's exactly what we think." Iceland said, crossing his arms.
"If you want to fight with them, go ahead. But don't lead us to believe that you're with us when you're just gonna stab us in the back sooner or later." Denmark spat.
Norway held out his hand, and Finland dug around in his pocket, pulling out a small silver box and placing it in Norway's hand.
Norway opened the box, and inside were two small silver studded earrings. They would be beautiful, if they weren't going to kill you and everyone else around you. Norge took the earrings out and tossed them on the ground, and Denmark stomped on them, breaking them.
    "I swear, I didn't think that's what they were for." Finland said.
    Norway shot the Finnish man a look. "Really?" Finland nodded. "'Cause Ice and I wanted to find the earrings and destroy them before anything happened and found this."
Ice held out a piece of paper, and it was emails that had been printed out.