Life Can Be Beautiful

5th grade.

Veronica and Martha met Jason Dean in the 5th grade. they've been best friends ever since.

every weekend, Veronica's mom would pick up Jason and they would go to Martha's house for their weekly movie night and sleepover.

every week they would watch The Princess Bride because Martha is "a sucker for a happy ending!" every week Jason and Veronica would sit together against the headboard of Martha's bed while Martha sat at the end of the bed, reciting all the words. it was the same thing every time, Martha would recite the words, and Veronica and Jason would be cuddled up together, Jason's arm around her shoulder.

it wasn't until 7th grade that people started to question Veronica's motives with Jason. everyone realized that they spent all their time together, and were entirely to close all the time.

that was when they had their first kiss. it was awkward to say the least...it was fast and sloppy. they wouldn't talk to each other for a week after it happened. they eventually moved on from it but things were never really the same.

9th grade came the big changes, Veronica and Jason started going on dates with Martha and Ram Sweeney. they started a relationship, they'd go out every week and hang out at Jason's house with his mom and they'd only share kisses when they were alone.

10th grade got worse. Ram became linebacker and broke up with Martha, Veronica met The Heathers, and Jason started going by JD. Martha became a secluded nerd, Veronica got involved with the populars when she started forging notes for them, and JD became a loner.

when Veronica started hanging out with The Heathers, JD and her broke up. that hurt hard. Veronica cut off contact with Martha and JD, deciding she didn't need them.

boy was she wrong.