Chapter 1: Late Night Snack

{S e c o n d  T i m e  E d i t e d}

Mabel's POV:

I jolt awake in my bed, from that horrendous nightmare. Sweat beads drip down my brow as I look over at Dipper. He is still sleeping in his bed across from mine.

Grunkle Stan said he would give me another room because my brother and I were older now. Books were scattered around his bed, and a cup full of pens sit on the bedside table. Looking at the digital clock, it read 3:46 am and I sigh. This was going to be a long night.

I lay against my pillow, and I hear Waddles shift at my feet. I chuckle softly as I look at him. I pull my brightly colored bedspread away from me and slide off the bed.

My feet slowly hit the ground without a sound, as I make my way over to the door that opened our room.

I open the door, and it creaks a little but I don't care as it creaks more. My footsteps creak as I walk along the floorboards of the stairs.

I was happy to be back in the Mystery Shack with the creaky floor and a smell that smelled like awful cologne. Walking to the kitchen, I pull out a cup and some milk. I pour the milk into the cup and take a long swig.

I hastily put the cup into the sink with a soft clink before placing the milk back in the fridge.

I didn't want to go back to bed because of the horrendous nightmare I had. It was a little freaky because everyone was a little too happy.

For waddle's sake, I was supposed to be the happiest one, not everyone else. I sigh as I slowly walk back up the stairs when I hear a little creak. I look down the stairs and I see a shadow. My heart starts to beat quicker and quicker.

But for me, Mabel Pines was afraid of a shadow? The shadow then moved and I hastily ran up the stairs in fright. Closing the door with a soft thud, Dipper looks up confused and a dazed look on his face.

"Mabel??" He asks me confused," What are you doing up so early?" He asks, scratching his head as he reads the clock.

"I couldn't sleep, so I went to get a drink..." I say to him, as I play with my bright pink and purple pajamas that had shooting stars on them. I realized I had nothing on my feet, and they were a bit cold.

"You sure you're okay?" My brother asks as I walk over to my bed. I nod my head," I'm good, I just couldn't sleep," I reassure him with a weak smile. Dipper knew he couldn't get past me when I smile.

"Well okay Mabel, goodnight then," he says cautiously, pulling his blanket around his body. I start to get a little afraid so I cuddle into my bed as I pull the blanket over my head. I close my eyes and I fall fast asleep.

-----------//-----------//---------

???'s POV:

She looked so cute in her pajamas, I just wanted to cuddle her. But I had to wait for the right time. I didn't mean to scare her when she was walking up. Damn it! I slowly walk up to the window sill and slip out of the Mystery Shack.

----------//--------//--------
Side note: swearing in this book does not mean I use it. ;) I hope you liked this chapter.