Chapter 4

Krista is in the pic above.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
                                Zane
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

   After Kara and Taron left, Krista came and sat by me. "So why am I in here?" I asked.
   "You had a bullet in your shoulder," she said. "It's out now. But you need rest."
    "So are you and Kara friends?" I ask her.
    She raises her eyebrows. "Yeah. Ever since grade school."
    "Oh," I reply.
    "So what's your story?" She asked bluntly.
    "I'm obviously an uptown rich boy." I said sarcastically. She looked at me like she was gonna kill me. My tone became serious. "My parents are dead, I hate the League, and I'm considered a fugitive, oh and people like you hate me." I finished and looked at her smugly.
   "I'm not like them," she said quietly.
   "How's that!" I shouted. "People like you are all the same."
   "I'm not like them!" She screamed. She turned and  ran from the doom tears in her eyes. Seeing her like that made my anger dissipate. I got up to go after her, but when I got to the door a girl walked in. Her eyes were deep brown and pitched me like daggers.
   "What did you do to my sister?" She asked calmly.
   "I was rude." I said. "Now tell me where she went so I can go apologize." I spat. She pointed down the hall.
   "Turn left, third door on your right," she spat. "If you hurt her, I will have ur head." She said, her eyes glinting.
    When I made it to Krista's door it was closed. "Krista?" I asked.
    "Go away." She said quietly.
    "Krista," I began. "I'm really sorry." Before I could continue she opened the door.
   "You have two minutes." She said.
   "Ok I'll talk fast." I joked. "So why do you  hate the League?"
   "My mother is not high in status," she began. "Growing up I went from the Capitol and then back to my mother's house. I hated the League because I saw how the outer towns were treated."
   "Oh," I said stupidly. "Well you have your friends....... And now you have me."
   "Thanks Zane." She said.
   "I think that's the first time you have actually said my name." I said smiling.
   She smiled. Her smile gave me a new happiness I had never felt. This feeling was new, but I went with it. I leaned in. She leaned closer. I put my arm around her. And then her phone beeped.
   "It's from Kara!" She said a little worried. "It says get to surface now. Bring Zane. Wear battle gear." Her face was worried.

I hope you enjoy this.
Vote & comment