Chapter 5

Krista showed me too a room. In the drawer was a black shirt, jeans, and a black leather jacket. My knife was on the bed as was a gun, plenty of ammo, and two new hunting knives. When I walked out I saw Krista. She was wearing a black tank top, and a black jacket. Tight jeans and sneakers. She had two knives, two guns in her belt and one in her hand. She handed me the one in her hand. "Here you'll need this," she said. She looked amazing. We turned and ran to the elevator. When she pushed the button I said "What about Kylie?"
    "I told her to stay here and that we were leaving." She said. The doors opened.
    On the way up I asked "What's going on with you? Do you hate me?" I said it so bluntly, and all she did was stare at me.
    "I don't hate you," she stated. "I just don't want to like you. Does that make sense?"
    "Yeah. It makes perfect sense." I stated smiling almost laughing. As the doors opened, I saw a dank room. There were piles of items, all covered with dust. A hole in the roof let in sunlight, or was it firelight? Krista led me to a staircase. At the top I saw what I thought I had always wanted, the entire Capitol was burning. A few yards I saw Kara and Taron, held at gunpoint. The man holding the gun looked over at us, and at that moment Taron pulled out a knife and knocked both guns out of his hands. He held the knife to the mans throat. Kara kicked the guns, and Krista held her gun to the mans head. I stood awkwardly. Kara began to question him. "Who are you?" She asked rather loudly.
    "He's obviously a Rebel," I stated matter-of-factly. He was wearing farmer clothes and his knife Kara had taken was a kitchen knife, not a proper fighting knife. "Don't kill him he could take us to the rebel camp. They can help us."
   "We don't need their help," Kara growled.
    "Yes we do," Krista countered calmly. Kara's shoulders tensed. Her fists clenched around the kitchen knife. Her green eyes scanned the man. I thought she might stab him. Finally she gave in.
     "Taron don't let go!" She snapped as Taron's grip on the man began to loosen. But it was too late, the man elbowed Taron and grabbed the knife he dropped. Then, he turned and ran. Kara threw her knife. Krista's gun went off. The man crumpled to the ground. His shirt turned red. Taron wretched the knife out of his dead body, handed it to Kara then took his own knife in from the mans dead hands. I stood motionless. Kara looked at me.
    "You okay?" She asked me.
    "Fine," I replied while drawing my gun. When we began walking Kara walked a few yards ahead of me, talking to Taron about the city, and the gates or something. Krista stood by my side.
    "So about what happened in your room." I said.
    "It's not important right now," she said. "We're in the middle of a rebellion. How we feel doesn't matter right now."
    "Okay," I said sadly.
    After another five minutes the city gates stood in front of us. People frantically running out, families, all rushing into the forest. Some carrying children in their arms. All in fancy clothing. All of them had a look of horror on their face. On woman tripped on a tree root, and landed on the pavement. I ran to help her, but a soldier held his gun at me.
   "Move away!" He shouted. I didn't. His grip on the gun tightened. "I could kill you for disobeying a Capitol soldier." He said bluntly. I still didn't move. His expression hardened, and he pulled the trigger. Time slowed. The bullet came slowly. I ducked, and rolled toward him. I knocked the gun from his hand, and flipped him over my shoulder. He lay on the ground in front of me. I yanked my knife free, and held it to his throat.
    "I could kill you," I said in the same tone he used. "One flick of my wrist and you die."
     "You wouldn't dare," he says. "You don't have a reason to kill me." He looks at me hastily.
   "Oh really?" I ask him smiling. "How's this, your an asshole!"
    He reached for his belt. I flicked my wrist and watched the light drain from his eyes. I stepped over his body and through the gates. The Capitol never seemed so lifeless. The heart of the Capitol burned, but the outside was dark and empty. The windows of the shops all busted in. Doors barely hanging onto their hinges. Men in black uniforms ran up and down the streets, guns in hand. Their red gloves proved them rebels. Kara, Taron, and Krista all ran through the gates behind me. Taron and Kara went to check the shops for rebels, or surviving Capitol bystanders. Bodies, rebel and Capitol, littered the ground. More so of Capitol bodies.

Sorry if it's bad.