Prologue Part III | Mistaken

{~*====Adrien's P.O.V====*~}
{yo this chapter is dedicated to my good pal lily, ily girl}

It felt like my heart stopped for a moment.
I had to compose myself.
Had she figured it out? No, surely that wasn't it, I didn't drop any clues or flat out say I was Adrien.
I took a sharp inhale and reached for her hand to help her up.
"I'm flattered to be compared to such a handsome, smart, rich, funny, and did i mention handsome?boy, but you are mistaken, Princess. I'm no model- being a superhero is sort of a full-time job, y'know."

Even though I had shrugged it off easily, I wasn't expecting Marinette's reaction to be so.. relieved.
That confused me. But now that I think about it, she was always really scared and nervous around me- or, uh, my civilian form. It was always a possibility. My first friend, or, rather, my second friend, possibly not liking me?
I decided to just smile it off.
"Oh.. You're not- oh- I'm really sorry.. I don't know what came over me, really, you just reminded me of someone I know. But, er.. Here, the umbrella," Marinette said, brushing off her pants before reaching for the umbrella that rolled away nearby.

"Thanks.." I muttered, pressing the button to open the black umbrella. Blinking, I noticed that as I looked closer, this was the umbrella I gave Marinette the first day I met her.
Memories, huh?
I smiled softly as I leant the umbrella against my shoulder, twirling it sassily.
"Shall we get going? It can't be much further now, can it?" I proposed, holding my free hand out for Marinette to take. You know. Platonically.
She batted it away.
Of course.
"Um, yeah, it's the bakery up ahead," she said, glancing up at me with those.. really.. familiar eyes.
I was about to pounce with another amazing, cat-tac-ular pun for her when her phone began buzzing frantically.
She glanced down at it, and I noticed those familiar eyes of hers widen and dart around.
"Crap- uh, my.. parents.. are.. getting worried!! Um, thanks for walking me, Chat, but I gotta bounce!"
Without another word, she half-waved to me and ran off, soon disappearing inside her home, leaving only the muffled sound of jingling bells as the doors closed.

I smiled.
"Seeya."

{Meanwhile, on Marinette's Phone..}
Alya!!🐞: ur parents invited me over for dinner lmao
Alya!!🐞: i see you outside!! hey girlll
Alya!!🐞: wait
Alya!!🐞: wHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH CHAT NOIR
Alya!!🐞: mARINETTE
Alya!!🐞: i nEED ANSWERS
Alya!!🐞: now ur running over
Alya!!🐞: Alya!!🐞 has disconnected.

{~a/n
oh my god
i updated!! lmao
i honestly cannot stress enough how appreciative i am of all of your reads and comments! i literally squealed for like two minutes straight reading them. thank you guys so much!! so.. can you guys tell me if you're enjoying it so far? id like it a lot lol
and again
thank you guys so so so much for all the support, it really warms my heart !
til next time~}