Prologue Part II | Umbrella

{~*====Marinette's P.O.V====*~}

"What's an alleycat like you doing out here in the middle of the street anyway? Don't you have some world-saving to do?" I muttered, glancing sideways at Chat, having quickly become agitated and fed up with his constant cat puns.
"Well, Purr~incess, my parter was supposed to pawtrol with me tonight, but it seems she bugged out and forgot," the black cat muttered, running a hand through his blonde hair.
Oh shit.
I mentally slapped myself. I completely forgot about the patrol tonight, but he doesn't seem all too distraught over it, so I guess...it's fine?
"Oh..? That's too bad." I hummed, my hands clasped around the bag I held behind me as we walked.
It was silent for a small while, the only sound being the leather smack of my bag against the back of my legs with each step I took.
I blinked, holding out my free hand to catch a raindrop.
I stopped to peer at the cat stood beside me, my eyes flickering over his body.
"Chat, it'll start to pour soon. You should probably find shelter; cats hate getting wet, right?"
He furrowed his eyebrows, tilting his head toward the clouded sky.
"A little rain's never hurt anyone, right?" He said, sending a sweet smile my way.
I hate to say this, but my stomach fluttered. A little.
"O-Okay.." I mutter, casting my gaze to the ground. Damn cat.

We continued walking in silence. It wasn't necessarily comfortable, but Chat and I- or, rather, Ladybug and Chat- were used to it. However, today, it just felt.. different.

As the rain continued to fall, each drop heavier than the last, I sighed. Chat was trying to slyly bat the water out of his hair, and I could tell he was quickly becoming irritated.
"Ugh. Here, stop for a second." I said, waving my hand toward him. He blinked, his head cocked slightly to the side as I beckoned him over.
I slid my hand into my bag and fished out a familiar, simple, black umbrella.
"Take this." I mumbled, clutching the umbrella tightly as I walked toward him.
Unfortunately, my footing, as stable and wonderful as it always is, suddenly gave out from under me.
"Whah!!" I thrashed out with a shriek, landing my butt on the hard, wet concrete. Before I could say anything, Chat burst out into a fit of laughter.

I blinked.
That laugh.
It was so.. familiar. Where could I have heard it before?

That's when it hit me.

"Adrien?"

"Adrien?"

{a/n:
okay! i believe this is part two of three of the prologue. sorry to leave on s cliffhanger but hey!! suspense !!
til next time~!}