Chapter Seven: "True colors"

Sorry for the REALLY late update you guys! If anyone is still reading this story 😂💕 thank you 🌚✨

Kenma blew an exaggerated breath.
Kuroo was splayed upon the couch parallel from him.
He'd been considerate and gave the bed up to Kenma. Though there was too much space for his little body. Kenma looked over at his lanky body. His legs and arms hung off the edge. His pillow dangled, it was covered in drool. He slightly snored against the white noise of the heater.
It was one of those kind of disgusting, kind of cute things.

Kenma rose from the bed and crept down the stairs to the kitchen.
The marble tile was cool underneath his bare feet. It was rather cold considering how humid it was outside.
Kenma grabbed a glass from the cabinet and stood at the sink.

He thought.

What would happen when his mother came by to pick him up and he wasn't there? His mother became violent when she caught a temper.
He didn't want his aunt getting hurt because of him.

"Oh hello." A sultry voice called behind him. Kenma turned to ask if they were talking to him. Even though he was the only one there.
He stopped.

"Umm...good morning."
He was slightly taller than Kenma. His hair was black, short, and messy. His eyes were almond shaped and slate grey. There was something about him that was intricate. Even though he'd said nothing. The man gave off a stoic aura. He walked pass Kenma and went to the refrigerator. He reached in and grabbed a container of Cranberry juice, He sat the jug next to Kenma's glass and reached to get one himself.

"Er.. Hi. I'm Kenma." He gripped both sides of his glass and glanced down at the floor, awaiting a response. He wanted to break the ice, even though he was bad at these sorts of things.

"Akaashi. Nice to meet you Kenma." He smiled radiantly and held the container before him.
Kenma politely declined and reached over the sink towards the faucet.
"Akaashi!" A voice boomed from the den. The noise easily depleted the sound of the running water.
"Tell me when you take my clothes! I thought Kuroo and I were gonna have to hunt ghosts tonight!"

"Bokuto-San, you gave me this last night. Also, ghosts aren't -."
"AKAASHI DON'T SAY THAT!"
"Bokuto-San, it's too early for this."
"TAKE IT BACK AKAASHI!"
Bokuto grabbed his shoulders and lightly shook him.
He then glanced over at Kenma, making puppy dog expressions.

Akaashi sighed.

"Oh, you're right. Speaking of which Bokuto-San, I forgot to mention the little ghost girl I saw yesterday. She could talk and everything. You'd have a nice conversation with her."
    Akaashi's voice played a cinematic tone. Bokuto was ecstatic.
His light brown eyes lit up as he practically bounced up and down in front of Akaashi.
Kenma couldn't help but giggle.
"Really Akaashi?! Really?!! Ahh man I've got to tell Kuroo his house is haunted!!"

"Oh yeah," he turned towards Kenma. "I've been meaning to ask you something." The excited nature he had decimated. It was as if he was a different person.
Kenma let out a small breath and prepared himself for whatever he was to hear.

He squinted as Bokuto perked up and narrowed his large eyes.
A smile played at the corner of his lips.
"Did you guys sleep in the same bed?"
Kenma blinked and furrowed his brows repetitively. "Hmmn?"
Kenma frowned as he pressed his lips together.
"Yeah," Bokuto continued. "I heard some hollering last night and then it was quiet all of a sudden. I thought you guys were having makeup se-. Oww, ouch, heyyy! AKAASHI!"
Akaashi pinched Bokuto's ear, bringing him towards the ground, he lugged him out of the kitchen into the living room.