chapter 1.

Milo's pov

I just got back from Denver Colorado. I lived with my grandparents but my cancer started to act up so I got on the first train back home to Mystic falls. My parents passed away in a car crash and my sister Elena survived. I don't know what I would have done if she didn't survive. I tried to go to the funeral but I was in the hospital because of my cancer. I have my good days and my bad days and that day was my bad day. Anyways the cab drive pulled up to my house and I smiled at my childhood house.

"Miss would you like me to get your bags?" He asked and I said yes please. I grabbed my cane and got out. He put them by the door and I gave him the cash and a tip for helping me. I went to unlock the door but it opened. I looked up to see a man.

"Can I help you?" He asked and I sighed and said I live here.

"I'm sorry you must have the wrong house sweetheart." He said and I started to get dizzy.

"Alaric who is it?" I heard Jenna say and she came to the door.

"Its Milo your fucking niece and I need to sit down now." I said and lean on the house and took deep breaths.

"Alaric get her to the couch she has cancer." She said and he picked me up and my breathing became heavier and he sat me down. I put my hands on face and sighed. Jenna rushed over with the oxygen tank from my bag and gave it to me. I breathed in and I relaxed.

"I'm so sorry your grandparents said you wouldn't be here til tomorrow." Jenna said and I took the mask off.

"Its fine my ticket was moved to yesterday. Anyways I don't know if they told you but the cemo is working." I said and she went wide eyed and hugged me.

"I wish mom and dad were here to cheer me on." I said and she hugged me tighter but not to tight so I wouldn't break.

"Jenna." Elena said only to gasp when she saw me.

"You look like shit." She said and I rolled my eyes. She hates the fact that I got every ones attention.

"I'll be staying at Stefan's." She said and I scoffed.

"Good to see your happy to see your dieing sister." I said to her and she left.

"I need to unpack." I said and got up and grabbed my cane. Alaric brought up my bags for me. I was unpacking when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said and Jeremy walked in.

"Is it true your dieing?" He asked and I got up and pulled him to my bed.

"The doctors said the cemo is working but it might not work for long. I just don't want to get my hopes up okay." I said and he hugged me and cried.

"Hey its going to be okay Jerbear I promise." I said and he soon left and I finished up packing.

Elena's pov

"This isn't fair. Why does everything have to change now that she's back. Now I have to hide this from her and ugh. Its worse cause she has cancer." I said to Stefan and Damon and their jaws dropped.

"What kind of cancer?" They asked I said I'm not sure.

"She was diagnosed when she was 7 and she's been fighting since. She's had radiation and cemo done."I said and my phone rang.

"Hello."

"Need help. It hurts."

"Milo where are you?"

"House everyone left. No one picked up their phones."

"I'm on my way. I'm calling 911."

"Hurry." She cried out and I hung up and ran to my car calling 911. I sped there and got there right when the ambulance got there. I ran inside and ran upstairs to find Milo on the floor. They came in and put her on the gurney and took her out. I got in the ambulance and road with.

"Lena." She mumbled and I held her hand.

"I'm sorry I ruined your sleep over." She said and I giggled and said it was fine. We got to the hospital and they rushed her in. I paced around the waiting room after calling Jenna and Jeremy. Stefan and Damon came and I started to cry. 

"Family of Milo Gilbert." The doctor said and we all went over.

"She's doing better we got her on an oxygen tube. We are going to have her on that for a while. But her cancer isn't spreading with her just getting done traveling it happens a lot with stage 3 cancer patience. But be happy you found her before she went into a coma." The doctor said and I nodded.

"Can we see her?" I asked and he said yes and said room 101. I took Damon and Stefan with me cause Jenna and Jeremy haven't showed. I walked in and she had a tube going around her noise.

"Lena." She said and I went over to her and hugged her.

"Please don't leave me just yet Milo." I said and she hugged me tight and said she doesn't want to.

"Now why are there two vampires in my room and who are they?" She asked and I pulled away and looked at her shocked.

"I may have cancer but I still know things. And plus dad also told us stories and of course its me so I believe in them." She said and I nodded.

"I'm Stefan and this my older brother Damon." How did you know we are vampires? Stefan asked and Milo sat up.

"Your rings for one and the second you walked into my room you both tense up." She said and I looked at them and they were tense.

"Miss Gilbert its time to eat." A nurse said walking with a plate of food.

Milo's pov

"So you do have friends." The nurse said and I giggled.

"Nope these are my sisters friends and sister." I said and the nurse frowned.

"My friends are to scared to hang out with me anymore cause I'm dieing." I said and my sister frowned.

"Let's not talk about you dieing yet Mimi." Elena said and I nodded okay and I started to eat my food.

"This food is nasty. I would love some freaking burger king." I said and my sister giggled.

"Miss when can she leave the hospital?" Elena asked the nurse and the nurse looked at her.

"Her guardian needs to sign her out." She said and left. Jeremy came running in and I started to giggle. Than I felt the pain and I reached for my pot cookie.

"Damon hand me that cookie please." I said gritting my teeth and he handed over to me and I took a bite and put the cookie back on my night stand and laid back.

"Was that a pot cookie?" Elena asked in shock.

"Yup. Its for the pain so don't be getting all up tight on me." I snipped at her and the pain started to go away. Jenna came in with the guy this morning.

"The doctor got you a wheel chair for at school." She said and I nodded okay. I saw Damon put my cookie in a zip block baggy and put it with my stuff. I told them not to change me so they didn't. Damon helped in the wheel chair cause I had asked him too.