The meeting; 1 (Avery's pov)

I stood outside of the front door to the large building. I glanced down at the pink paper Leah had given me, taking deep breaths in and out. I looked back up and opened the door to find a security guard standing by the door inside. I stepped back, not expecting him to be right there. "Who are you?!" He asked on a deep voice as he took a step in front of me. I bit my lip and glanced around the large room. It was filled with people in suits, others causally dressed. There was a large desk in the corner with a woman standing on the other side.

"Excuse me?" He asked. I softly began, reaching the paper out to him. "I'm Avery...I got afford a job here the other day by Leah. She told me to meet her here." I trailed off as I watched the guard's brow frown trying to see if I was telling the truth. I opened my mouth to speak again but heard a familiar voice interrupt. "There you are Avery!" Leah sighed as she walked over to me. She wore heels again, clicking against the floor as she walked, her clipboard tightly snuggled against her suit.

"I thought I told you to be here at 2? You are 25 minutes late." She fussed while I dropped my head in shame. "I know. I'm sorry, something happened." I mumbled looking at my black boots as I fiddled with my red striped shirt that Taylor had picked out for me. She was really excited and picked my outfit out, along with making me a good breakfast and getting me ready for the day. Unfortunately, the bus was late and was slower than usual; causing me to be late.

I glanced back up to see Leah nod at the guard before grabbing my wrist and pulling me down a hallway. I let her pull me for a little while, making twist and turns in silence until I finally spoke up. "Leah, what are you having me do today?" I asked in a soft voice. She didn't look back at me, just kept pulling me along.

"Well," She started. "I was going to just talk to you today but I think things have changed." She said making me gulp in worry that I had messed up something. She finally stopped in front of a door at the end of a hallway, opening it she stepped in. I followed her in to what seemed like her office. "Have a seat." She gestured to a chair at her desk while letting go of my wrist. Without a word, I sat down.

She sat on the other side, placing down her clipboard she rummaged through the drawers of her desk until she found a folder. She handed me a few papers out of it.

"Now Avery," Leah said folding her arms on top of the desk. "I have hired you for an important job. This job comes with some fun, but it also comes with important work." She said with a serious face. Her voice had somehow gotten deeper, more serious. I nodded.

"You are to be Luke Brook's girlfriend." I sat still, completely frozen. "Ma'am?" I asked not sure if I had heard her correctly. "Wait, didn't he just break up with his girlfriend, well his girlfriend broke up with him...." I trailed off. "Yes, you see...we've noticed that the fans like it best when the boys are in a relationship. They are more popular when dating." She said pointing to a chart that she had handed me. The chart was high but then dipped when Luke and his girlfriend had broken up.

"So you want me to pretend to be Luke's girlfriend so they can grow more popular?" I asked still a little confused. She nodded with a smile. "You catch on really quick, I like you." She said before looking serious again. I slowly nodded. "And does Luke know about this little plan that you've set up?" A hurt, somewhat worried expression crossed her face. "About that," She nervously tapped her hands on the desk. "He hates the idea." I frowned. "So you want me to be his girlfriend, him hating the idea? Then he'll hate me. I am the plan. Don't you notice that this plan isn't going to turn out well?" I asked standing. She did the same.

"Yes, I know, but this is important or the fans will continue to leave and then the Janoskians won't exist." She explained. I stared at her for a while until finally nodding a 'yes'. She smiled. "Okay, today we were just going to talk, but I think you are going to have move a little quicker and meet them. They're losing fans quickly."