Prologue

Princess Tara P.O.V

"Long live Princess Tara... Long live Princess Tara... Long live Princess Tara... ", the voices of my country men and mistress travelled as I entered the court room for the Prime Minister of the court to give the judgement.

My father was an educated king. He wanted me to be the queen once he renounces the title to the Ivory throne. My kingdom in was one of the strongest in the Torrid zones and the Antarctic circle.

Our only and greatest threat was the Northerners.

The Prime Minister who was the judge of the court started reading the case. " Princess, please rise. " I stood up. "Do you think you will be able to manage the kingdom without a husband and a king? ".

"Yes, I do." I replied.

" Do you promise to put the needs and duties of the kingdom ere yours and yourself? "

"Yes, I do."

"If anyone has any objections to Princess Tara becoming the Queen without a husband and a king please rise. "

I stood there nervously, waiting for someone to stand up. I had a feeling I would lose my kingdom to a sir. I will fight for my kingdom. I will fight till the end. Till my last breath.

No one stood up. I felt myself relax visibly. I smiled at my loyal country men and mistress. The judge spoke again, " I declare Princess Tara as the future Queen of The Illumine Empire! "

Suddenly Inas, the war horn wast heard. A soldier ran into the room and cried, " Its the Northerners. " His words brought chaos into the room.

North. The one kingdom that we never made a peace treaty with. The one kingdom we will never make a peace treaty with.

I ran into my room and changed into my armour and picked up my whip. I placed my sword, Aetherius, meaning the 'Last desire of Ashes' .

As I run into the battlefield, I could see that the North had underestimated us. They were losing the battle. They had many warriors, but we had many more skilled ones.

I commanded my troop, " Each and every one is a warrior! No pleas! And never mercy! Make your kingdom proud! "

With a battle cry from my troop, we charged into the battlefield with only one thought in our minds, To win.

I placed my whip in one hand and drew out my sword in the other. I slashed my whip and sword alternatively exterminating anyone who came my way. I saw the kings face drop through his head gear when he realised he was loosing the battle.They were outnumbered. A large number of men from his army were killed by my kingdom's army. I killed the soldiers and guards and anyone who came my way. I was blinded by power. Men had ego and pride after each victory, I had thirst for power. I would never lose my kingdom to a king of the North. Not after what happened to my mother.

The king came down from his majestic throne upon the elephant. He drew his sword out and the shield in the other hand. He screamed and charged towards one of my men. I quickly brought down my whip on his throat making him scream in pain. He swiftly turned toward me and slammed his sword against mine. The battle was fierce until he knocked down my head gear. He stared at me surprised. His eyes held wonder on what a mistress was doing on a battle field.

I took it as a opportunity and pointed my sword near his throat. I would have sliced head from his body, but I wast not the Queen. Not yet. my father took the decisions till the day before coronation.

" Remove your head gear with respect and I will spare your life! " I commanded the king. The king scoffed and said, " You mistresses do not know that you have a soft heart. Your conscience will not allow you to kill me. Just by standing in the war field you cannot defeat me! I will not lose my life to a weak mistress."

I scoffed back at him and said, " But you already have. I may not kill you for my father still has to make to commands. You will remove your head gear now!"

The king did not move an inch. I whipped him and commanded again, "NOW!"

The king in defeat dropped down his sword and shield. He removed his head gear and looked into my eyes. The king of the North. The Illumine Kingdom had defeated the Northern Kingdom.

The kings identity did not affect my position. By then many soldiers of my kingdom had gathered around me and had pointed their swords at the king.

I kept my sword still and commanded the soldiers, "Throw him in the dungeon and I will take him to my father tomorrow." and walked from the battle field.