Chapter 3

Princess Tara P.O.V

"So you think he will agree?" I ask Prakul . "Don't worry about it too much Tara. I know you are agreeing to this marriage because you do not want to put Illumine in danger.  But you can always threaten to kill him if he does not agree."

"Prakul!" I say  surprised at his words.

Laughing, he says," Stop worrying too much Tara, that's all I meant to say. " I shook my head and walked toward the dungeons to talk to King Calder.

As I reached the dungeon room, the King said, " I hope you have made the right decision, Princess." 

"King Calder, during the Great War your kingdom caused Illumine their Queen, I will not let you take away their King too. Yes, I agree to get married to you King." "Wise decision, Princess". I held my hand up indicating I was not done speaking.

"As I was saying I agree marrying you, but on my own conditions. Listen to them carefully and make your decision King, your life is still in my hands."

As he nodded I continued. I knew I had the upper hand here. " If we get married, I will ally Illumine and The North but I will continue ruling Illumine and your Kingdom will never interfere with Illumine's internal affairs. I will not be a wife in any other way than for show. And I will always continue being a warrior."

The King looked like he could kill. He screamed, " You will not continue being a warrior. The people will think I am weak if I cannot protect my own kingdom and a girls help! I will not allow this. "

"King, always wanting to control women. I will be a warrior and you  can do nothing about it. It is the only way I can accept your proposal. My kingdom will fight for me King, I just do not want to put their lives in danger again. Although, during the Great War you killed our Queen, my mother, Illumine was close to winning when you proposed the treaty. Remember King, Illumine has anger that has been stored up against The North. I do not like war King , but if necessary, I will start one."

An unknown emotion passed through the Kings face but then he looked up and said, "If you want to be a warrior, I as you said can do nothing except start a war or accept. But I have a condition, if you want to be a warrior even after marriage then you will be my warrior partner. We will train together, fight battles together and win together. If you prove to be a good warrior, maybe, later in life you could be a single warrior. It is either this or war, Princess. Choose once more. Wisely."

" I agree. " I said without thinking. I knew this is what the King would do. Men are easy to read.

"Well done, Princess. Looks like beauty did not make you stupid. Now, get me out of the dungeon, Princess. Its not a nice way to treat you future husband."

"Do not disrespect me King. You do not control  me. We will get married when you want after you sign the agreement. It has both our conditions. " I unlocked the thick metal chains that were around his wrists .

"Follow me " I said .

I led him out of the dungeons and into a one of the royal suits. " I am giving you respect King, I expect the same in return. Now sign this." I gave the agreement and a quill to sign it.

As he signed the document my father and brother entered the room. I gave both of them a smile. 

My father said, "Please treat my daughter with respect. That is all I want from you King Calder. "

The King nodded. I still have hope. I still am a warrior.