Epilogue: A Look Beyond

I sat there in my old living room during my own wake. Everyone there was crying. Even though only maybe half of them knew even of me but none of them knew who I was. Ozzie was the only one that didn't pretend to be sad for someone he didn't know. Animals understood these things. Death was natural. Not something to get worked up over. 

My mom sat across from me, hugging the small dog tightly. I wondered how different her life would be without me. I liked to think it would be better. She would have to get out there again...find a boyfriend...hopefully find love. But I don't think that anything she nor anyone else could find could come close to being as special as the bond Freddy and I shared. 

It had been mostly quiet on our end of things since my death. Mostly, Freddy had rested and I had been taking in the aftermath of everything.

It didn't take long for it to be put together that I had most likely been the one to steal the Ketamine and drug the school. Naturally, the daughter of the vet was the first suspect, but when that turned up dry, even though she had actually been one of the ones to make it through the massacre, attention was turned to me for having been at the vet the day the tranqilizer had gone missing and being at the school that day.

I was surprised at first that no attention had gone to the boy that sold me the tranquilizer, but then I found out that he had skipped town that same day and overdosed on meth in a nearby hotel.

Of course everyone wondered why I did it, but moreover they hated me and wished I had not taken the lives of their children.

I smiled before standing to leave.

"It's time to go to work," Freddy's voice was in my head.

I took one more glance at my mother and wondered if I would keep an eye on her until she died too...or if this small remnant of attachment would soon be gone as well.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:: I hope you liked this story! I plan to do more like this in the future, so please give me a follow and check out my other stories. Also, my friend DukeDoom ASMR did a series of Nightmare on Elm Street roleplay videos, which I have posted below. He also has done similar videos with other slashers. The playlist of these can be found on his channel.
DukeDoom ASMR Youtube channel link ------> 

I also have a Facebook page where I share Nightmare on Elm Street and other horror related material called Freddy Krueger is my Spirit Animal.
Link here ------>