Chapter 35

Sara's POV

"Sam wake up!!" I scream. She needs to see if Kyle is ok. She needs to find him. Just then the phone rings. I run to it and pick it up panting into the phone. "Hello?"

"There has been a crash. A man named Kyle had been injured badly. Do you have an adult with you?"

"uh yea"

"Come to the Florida hospital as soon as you can." I hung up the phone terrified.

"Sam!!!!!!" I screamed. "Please Sam we need to go find Kyle".

********************************************************************

SAM'S POV

My eyes slowly opened revealing a very upset looking Sara. "Sara what's wrong?"

"It's Kyle." And suddenly all the things that happened over the last couple hours rushed back to me.

"What happened?" I managed to choke out.

"He got into an accident and he's in the hospital and injured badly. We need to get there right now.

"Ok I don't have a car. Wait his wife had a car. It's in the garage. We can use it for this. It's an emergency."

We drove to the hospital in a terrified silence. I was ready to cry because this is not supposed to happen, especially not again. I barreled the car into the first parking spot I could find in the lot then we sprinted to the front door of the ER. I told the lady his name and she took what felt like forever to get his name pulled up.

"He is in room 254"

"Thank You", I said quickly and walked away. We rushed to his room as fast as we could with the fact that we're in a hospital.

We walked into the room and looked over at the bed. He was laying silently looking bruised and cut there were casts on his leg and arm and he was laying weird. He almost didn't look like himself. I ran to the side of the bed and grabbed his hand and whispered over and over how much I loved him. Hoping he'd wake up for me. First my parents and now him. And I'm pregnant. Sara and I stayed the night. I fell asleep holding his hand whispering to him.

I stayed in his room all of the next day. The nurses and Sara brought me food. I didn't feel like eating though. Sara must have told the nurses I was pregnant because they asked me if I wanted an ultrasound. I wanted to wait for Kyle I politely kept telling them. I was so out of it that the minutes glided into hours and then into days. The nurses started treating me like a patient too.

I snapped out of it once a few days after. We left the hospital for a little while to go get some clothes form the house for the stay. My jeans wouldn't fit anymore due to my expanding belly, but I didn't feel like buying new stuff so I took some of Kyle's sweats and some of mine and threw them into a bag. Sara packed all the bathroom stuff that we'd need. I was just thinking about Kyle and getting back to him. It felt like we were at the house forever before we were driving back to the hospital to be back with him.

I couldn't stand being away from him for a whole night so, in the week we had been staying at the hospital, the doctors has given Sara and me a bunch of pillows and blankets to sleep with so we could stay right next to him. We had a couple extra chairs too as a makeshift bed.

I don't remember much about the doctor explanations, just the doctor saying he's in a coma and it is severe and he might not wake up. He also said something about it being a slim chance, but his vitals were looking well, he just needed a push to wake up, but what they were doing wasn't stimulating him enough to wake him up.

For how little I did for the first week, I could have been the comatose patient. I just sat and waited and whispered while the days flew by. Two weeks after, I was being asked constantly if I wanted an ultrasound. I felt like I was going to need one soon, but what if he wakes up soon? I decided I would wait three days then get the ultrasound. All the while, I was begging him to wake up.

This all seemed like a nightmare. A nightmare I didn't want to be having again. Not after my parents. The nurses now are seeming a lot more pleasant than they did when I was little. I wonder why I never noticed that they were not that scary. They actually help a lot.

"Kyle, Please wake up. I need an ultrasound and I want you to be there for it. Please baby. I need you to be here for our baby. I love you and I realized when you left what you were going to do. It was selfish of me to ruin that night. I love you. I want to marry you. I..." beep beep beep beeeeeep beeeeeep. "Help! someone help! The machine is beeping!" I yelled frantically for the nurses to come in. The first nurse came in and asked me to leave to room in quite a loud tone. I stayed. I did not want him to be alone. This was not something that was supposed to happen. It sounded like his heart rate was speeding up, not slowing down. What was going on?