Chapter 5: I'm Sorry. I'm Still Trying To Get Over The Fact That You're A Prince

A/N: Hello loves<3 I don't know if I'll be able to update tomorrow or not seeing as I have major tests coming up :) Enjoy! Please don't forget to vote and comment on your favorite part! See you in the next chapter loves <33

I somehow get to his house in one piece. I don't open my eyes until I feel the helmet come off. I quickly get off the bike and get as far away from it as possible.

"I hate you." I say as he puts the helmet on the seat. He rolls his eyes.

"Okay, whatever. Let's just get this project started, shall we?"

He walks up the stone steps and opens the door to his house. Only then do I realize he has a house built for a king. It's made up of black and gray bricks, and I realize his driveway is a roundabout driveway with smooth stone. In the center of the driveway is a fountain and mini hedges circling around it. I look at the house and see it's double story house. There is a double car garage and two balconies that are on the second floor. It has a covered porch with round white pillars and, as I look around in astonishment, I realize that they must at least own about, oh I don't know, 50 acres?

"Shortcake are you just going to gawk while I do this project by myself?" I hear him ask in irritation.

"I'm sorry. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you're a prince." I say. He tilts his head back and laughs.

"I'm not a prince. It's called being rich."

He walks inside and I follow suit. As I walk into the house, I feel my jaw drop again. As I walk in, there is a hardwood staircase that's to my left. It is so big I think an elephant could walk up it. To it's left there is a big room which must be the living room. To my right is another hardwood staircase about the same size. There's another big room to it's right and I think it might be... I don't know. Another living room or something? I start to feel fear ball up in my stomach. What if I get lost in here?

The floor is a beautiful tan marble, and there is a table in the center of the room with a vase on it. I see behind the table there are some rooms in the back. I see a big sliding glass door and I swear I see a 12 foot swimming pool. I turn to look at Colby.

"How the hell did you guys get so wealthy?"

"It's called owning at least one hundred and fifty businesses. That and savings." he shrugs as if this is nothing.

I'm about to say something when I hear a loud bark. I turn my attention to the noise that came from up the stairs and I see an Australian Husky. Even though it's full grown, it must be at least two years old. I feel my eyes widen. I've never really liked dogs. They've always been... not so friendly to me. I remember getting bit by my grandmother's dog when I was younger.

"Hey Nova!" Colby smiles as he crouches. Nova walks over to him happily, obviously not paying attention to the fact that I'm here. "How's my girl?"

She wags her tail, sweeping dust towards me.

"If she's your guard dog, she's a really bad one."

Nova turns towards me and snarls. I feel myself back up.

"Still think she's a bad guard dog?" Colby smirks. I glare at him.

"She doesn't bite, does she?"

"Not unless I tell her to."

I crouch down slowly and hold my hand out for her to sniff, trying to make it so that it doesn't shake at all. She slowly stalks towards me, and I feel her wet nose rub against my fingers. I'm about to pull my hand away when I feel her sandpaper tongue lick my hand. I almost shriek in disgust.