Chapter 21: Pervert

A/N: Yes another chapter <3 Enjoy loves :)

I walk into the house and instantly the smell of sugar and spice fills my nose. It's nice and warm and I notice the fireplace is going. Mitch walks in with his and Colby's stuff.

"Want to go pick your room?" Colby asks. I nod my head and he leads me up the stairs. There's five rooms upstairs and two bathrooms. I walk through the rooms and pick the one that has a view of the lake. It's quite a calming sight. I set my book bag on my bed and put my clothes into the dresser. I grab my shampoo and put them on top of the black dresser, along with my makeup and my brush.

The room has built in ceiling lights and it has a queen sized bed with light blue bed sheets and blankets. The pillowcases are black and the headboard is dark oak. It has two bedside tables with lamps and it has a walk in closet. I walk over to the window and I slide it open. The cool air of the night blows in and I welcome it like an old friend. I've always loved the lake.

I change into some shorts and then walk back downstairs where Mitch and Colby are. They're talking softly as I enter the room. Colby looks up and smiles. He walks over and slides his hands around my waist,

"The view is nice, isn't it?" he asks. I nod my head.

"I really like it."

"You wanna go swim?"

I blink. "At 10 o'clock at night?"

He grins. "Why not? I think we could all use it."

Mitch laughs. "Mate, I'm probably just going to go to bed. I'm worn out."

Colby chuckles. "Okay Grandpa. Remember to take your teeth out before you fall asleep."

Mich rolls his eyes and chuckles. "Night Brooke."

"Night Mitch." I say grinning. I turn back to Colby. "But I didn't pack a bathing suit."

"I figured as much." Colby chuckles.  "I brought you one."

I roll my eyes. "You didn't have to."

"But I wanted to."

I chuckle and sigh. "Where is it?"

"It should be in my room. It's in a bag on my bed."

I laugh. "Okay. I'll meet you out there then."

He kisses my cheek and I walk up the stairs. I walk into his room, which is across from mine, and look for the bag. I finally find it under his bed and I pull it out. I pull out a baby blue bikini and I find myself laughing. He would buy this. I sigh and walk to the bathroom. I put on the bikini and pull my hair out of the bun. My blonde hair falls into waves and rests on my shoulders.

*A/N: I feel the scene is a little more touching if you listen to "Just A Dream" but not the original version. Listen to the version by Sam Tsui :)*

I walk out of the bathroom and throw my clothes into my room and then walk down the stairs. I walk through the massive living room, that could probably fit two elephants, and to the kitchen. I walk out into the back yard and stop in my tracks as I see Colby. He's shirtless and is standing out on the edge of the lake, looking out into the distance.

I take a deep breath in and just stare at him as my heart races. In that moment, memories flood to me. Us playing air hockey, walking down that dirt road, me sleeping next to him, and I realize that I'm in love with this man. This arrogant, cocky, asshole who has given me so many memories within the past two months than Jared did in our entire relationship.

I don't know what possesses me to do what I do next. Maybe it's because we're in danger, maybe it's because I've just realized how much I love him, but I start running. Running like I'm being chased by a group of hellhounds. Colby turns around just in time to catch me as I jump into his arms and kiss him.