And Scene...

No one had died, thankfully, yet surprisingly, although most were injured, ranging from scrapes or minor cuts, to serious gashes. Travis had a few shallow cuts, but was otherwise fine. Lanie had a nasty looking gash on her arm, and was walking with a limp. Elijah had some scrapes from his numerous slides on the road, as well as a cut from a shard of glass, and a sharp pain in his leg; a piece of glass had lodged itself in his thigh.

Elijah bent down with slight difficulty, grabbed his cell phone from his bag that was resting on his thigh, and pulled out the glass as he stood up. Technically, he wasn't supposed to have one, but he had commissioned it from Beckendorf, one of the first fatalities of the war, before he died, to layer the phone in Celestial Bronze, which would keep the phone from broadcasting his demigodishness across the universe to any nearby monsters. Checking the time, Elijah discovered it was a mere hour after they had arrived at City Hall.

"Okay," he says to the half of the Hermes Cabin. "We're going to have to make what we can out of this position. We should take advantage of City Hall, here. Street cameras, first aid kits, whatever we can find. We should split up, a couple search parties taking different wings and floors of City Hall, while someone can tend to wounds in the lobby, and someone light on their feet can be a look out, just outside, behind the pillars."

"Who put you in charge?" one of the other Hermes kids, a jerk who really needs to be put in his place named Devon, calls out from the back.

Elijah looked like he was about to personally walk over to Devon and show him the literal definition of the phrase 'foot in mouth,' since he simply wasn't in the mood to argue with a two-year-old with the body of a teenage football player, when Travis came forward.

"Percy put me in charge to lead us to the Brooklyn Bridge. Well, we're here, and that first wave wasn't so bad. But it could have been. If it wasn't for Elijah, we might not have gotten away as easily as we did. So you need to listen to him, and me, and that is both general and counselor's orders," Travis says.

"Thank you, Travis," Elijah says with a nod. "Now, as I was saying, we need someone to tend to wounds in the lobby, and someone to stand as a look out here, at least until we can get the street cams working and projecting. We'll need a couple teams to search the different wings and floors for whatever we might be able to use. Travis is going to split you into your teams while I check in with Annabeth," Elijah says, before walking away, and Travis starts sectioning the kids.

The phone rang twice before Annabeth answered. "Who and where are you? We'll try to be there as soon as possible," her voice said, tired and ragged.

"It's Elijah from Cabin Eleven, stationed at the Brooklyn Bridge. We're not in trouble, I was just communicating that we've cleared the first wave, and are setting up a base in City Hall, until re-stationed or falling back."

"Alri- PERCY, YOU IDIOT, GET DOWN!" Annabeth yelled, her phone still to her face, followed by the sound of an explosion. "Hold down the fort. We'll circle around, eventually, at least to see whatever you might need help in," she says.

"Okay," Elijah says, before ending the call and heading back to where he left the Hermes Cabin.