Cease Fire

Once he got there, he found Travis and another Hermes kid, John, standing guard. Travis nods in greeting, and steps from his posting. He says something to John, probably telling him to stay put and keep watch, and walks out to Elijah.

"Well? Is the cavalry coming?" Travis asked, walking along with Elijah.

"They don't need to. At least not now. They're eventually going to circle around to us, but we aren't on their priority list, right now."

"Well, I've got people doing as you asked inside. Devon is leading the West Wing team, Jeremy is sweeping the East Wing, Alexander is tending to the wounds, and I've got a team trying to hack into the street cams," Travis said, as they went through the entry doors to City Hall.

"You guys work fast," Elijah said, whistling through his teeth, as he sees the makeshift med-bay Alex set up in the lobby. The half-blood, himself, is currently wrapping Lanie's arm in cloth.

"Bonus of being both a lot, and being the children of the fastest god. And Alex is a great worker. Very determined. Any place you'd like to help out in?"

"I'd like to play with the encryptions, see if I can't crack them, and hopefully get something on these scrapes," Elijah says, referring to the shallow cuts on his legs thanks to flying across pavement and getting impaled with glass shards.

"Can you wrap yourself up? Because he's kinda busy," Travis says.

"Usually, but not in that position. They're too far down to effectively wrap. Of course, I can do it later, but I do want to take my armor off. It'll make walking and breathing easier, and I can put it back on quickly."

"Whatever you say, man. Just be quick. I'm not comfortable hanging in the same spot for long."

"Bah, that's the half-blood in you," Elijah says as he takes off his breastplate and helmet, moving to his braces. "Especially the blood of the God of Thieves." He removes the pieces of armor, and moves finally to his greaves.

"True, but still. We are kinda in a war."

"Fair enough. Now, show me to this encryption cracking team," Elijah says, pulling a rolling suitcase from his satchel, and carefully putting his armor in it, and then he pulls out a fancy kind of cane.

Travis sighed, rolling his eyes. "Do I even want to ask why you have a pimp cane in that Hermione bag of yours?"

"First, it's not a pimp cane. Second, pimp canes are cool and flashy. Now lead the way, Mr. T," Elijah says, chuckling, and following the face palming Travis, leaning slightly on his cane and carrying his suitcase behind him.

They made it to the room where James, another unclaimed Hermes camper, was working with some of the other, less reputable Hermes kids to try to hack into the street cameras. When Travis and Elijah walked in, most stood in respect. Well, all except for James. He was too busy rewriting code and countering defenses to notice.

"What's the situation?" Travis asks.

"So far, we've got nothing. None of our attempts have yielded anything. He was our last resort. We should've used him earlier. He's lasting longe-" an assuming Hermes camper named Leonardo started, but was cut off by James's shout of frustration.

"I was so close!" he says. "I could almost taste it!" he laments, throwing himself back in the black office chair.

"Maybe I can give it a shot?" Elijah offers.

"Knock yourself out," James says, standing from the chair, and Elijah sat in his stead. "It's quite tricky. I honestly don't know how I got as far as I did, looking back at it. My fingers seemed to be working on their own."

Just as Elijah was about to start, a shout was heard through the entirety of the City Hall. A call to arms. Elijah stood quickly, wincing due to his leg injury, but ignored the pain and proceeded to quickly strap on his armor, as Travis shouted to the other occupants in the room to hurry downstairs, and prepare to defend the Hall, and push back the oncoming monsters.