Chapter 1

Nicki
Pulling up to work, I walked in and got on the elevator. "Hey Jasmine" I said walking to my desk. "Hey Nicki, did you hear that Mr. Nate is interviewing today?"

"No, I didn't when are the people coming?" I said sitting down at my desk. "Probably any minute now" she said getting up. "Where are you going?"

"To the restroom" she said. Turning over to my computer, I began typing up. Hearing the elevator doors open I looked over seeing a tall dark skin man walking down the hallway looking confused.

"Um sir can I help you?" I said. "Yeah actually you can I'm looking for um Nate Jones office, the boss of this firm" he said looking down at a paper. "Oh you're here for a interview?" I said smiling.

"Yeah where is his office?" he asked. "I'll show you" I said getting up. Walking down the hallway I showed him where Nate's office was. "It's right here sir" I said pointing.

"Thank you" he said licking his lips. "You're welcome" I said smiling. Walking back to my desk I seen Jasmine. "Jasmine you should've just seen this fine man that walked in" I said whispering.

"What he look like?" she said. "Tall, chocolate, his lips looked so good" I said laughing. "I can't wait to see him walk back out here, so I can see how he looking" she said.

"Just remember I spotted him first" I said giggling. "Girl whatever" she said rolling her eyes. "What are you doing later?" I asked. "Well after work I have to go pick up Mia from my mothers, but after probably just gone go home"

"Well I was going to ask you if you wanted to go out I heard about this new club, but you have Mia" I said sighing. "Maybe next week, when Mia is with her father" she said.

Hearing someone coming down the hallway talking I looked back. "Yeah baby I got the job" I heard the man say. Walking towards me he took his phone from his ear. "I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow" he said.

"Oh really? You got the job" I said. "Yeah, my office right down there, I'm about to go look at it" he said pointing down the hallway. "Oh well congrats" I said typing on my computer.

"Thanks" he said walking away. "Jasmine that was him" I said whispering looking back. "By hearing his phone call it sounds like he got a girl, or maybe even a wife" she said.

"Maybe so" I said looking back at the computer screen. Looking up I seen him walk pass and to the elevator. "He hired him on the spot, ain't nobody else even come in" I said.

"Well we'll be seeing him from now on" she said. "I need to finish this up for Nate so I can go home early" I said. "I'm about to head out now" Jasmine said getting up from her desk. "Alright I'll see you tomorrow" I said. "Okay" she said.

---
Looking down at the corner of the computer I seen it was going on 5pm. Wrapping up what I was doing, I turned off the computer and walked to the elevator. Walking to my car I headed home. Pulling up I walked up the stairs to my apartment.

Walking in the house I went straight to my room. Putting down my bag from work, I grabbed some stuff out the drawer, and went to shower.

After taking a 20 minute shower, I got out and went to the kitchen finding something to make. I pulled out some ground beef and put it in a pan on the stove. Opening the fridge I pulled out some taco stuff and sat it on the counter. Putting seasons into the meat I heard a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I said. "Marcus"

"What are you doing here?" I said opening the door. "What you mean? I live here" he said. "Used to live here, we been over for a month" I said. "I miss you Nic" he said pushing me back closing the door.

"Yeah whatever, can you leave?" I said walking back to the kitchen to check the meat. "What you cooking up?" he said licking his lips. "What it look like?" I said rolling my eyes. "Shut up, don't roll your eyes at me, talking to me crazy like that in my house, who you think you is?"

"Your house?" I said laughing turning off the stove. "Yes my house" he said. "Um excuse me, but what bill you pay in this house?" I said. "Every bill" he said. "I don't recall, could you leave, I'm having company"

"Ain't nobody coming over, they would've been here" he said. "Somebody is coming over!" I yelled. "Shut up, and make me a plate" he said walking over to the couch and turning on the tv. "I bet I don't" I said putting sour cream on my plate.

He got up and walked toward me "What you say?" he said. "I said I bet I don't" I said pushing him and making my way to my room. "Nicki!" he said yelling my name. "What!"

"Don't you even push me again" he said grabbing my arm. "Get off of me" I said pushing his arm off me. He walked back over to me and pushed me on the bed. "Didn't I say don't push me again" he said smacking my thigh.

"Get out of my house right now!" I yelled. "I bet I don't leave, who you got coming over here with these little shorts on" he said as he touched my leg. "Could you just leave" I said trying to get up, but he pushed me back down. "You heard what I said" he said leaning down trying to kiss me, but I turned my head.

"What you do that for?" he said. "I don't want to kiss you, I want you to leave" I said. "I'm not leaving though so get over it" he said getting off of me, making his way out of my room.

"Aye Nic, where the Doritos I want some taco salad?" he said. "Obviously I didn't buy any because I'm eating tacos" I said rolling my eyes. "You gone stop getting smart with me, before I come in there and really do something to you"

"You ain't gone do nothing" I said under my breath. "What you say?" he said. "Nothing, when you are done you can make your way out" I said. "I ain't leaving" he said.

I got up and walked to the kitchen putting my plate in the sink. Washing the dishes I heard Marcus walking over to me. "Nic, let's go do what we used to do" he said smacking my butt. "Get your hands off of me" I said pushing him back.

He walked out the kitchen and walked to the back. I heard the shower turn on. "What this nigga think he doing?" I said to myself out loud. Walking to the back I walked into the bathroom.

"Marcus what are you doing?" I said trying to turn the shower off. "About to get in the shower what it look like?" he said. "No, what you about to do is get out my house" I said trying to push him out the bathroom. "Alright, I'm about to just leave" he said walking toward the door. "Finally" I said closing and locking the door.

-New book😬 excuse any mistakes.
Make Sure You guys vote !