Chapter 29

Mitch's Pov:

I am sitting in a hospital bed with Jerome at my side. He is holding my hand and rubbing my back, He is trying to keep me calm. I am very thankful of this, but I am still on edge. It may be a minor surgery, but they are still working on my head.

I look at everyone and I see that Vikk and Lachlan are asleep on each other, they looks so cute. Preston and Rob are quietly messing around with each other. Then there is Matt and Pete, Pete is sitting there and he is looking like he is talking to himself. Matt is holding him close and I think he fell asleep, his eyes are closed. I look up and Jerome and I pull on his arm to get attention.
" What is it Biggums?"
I move over on the bed, to make enough room for us.
" I want you to sit with me."

He smiles and sits down next to me. Once he sits down he puts his arm around me and I lay on his chest.
" Don't be scared okay?"
" I will try."
" And I will be right here waiting for you."
" Okay."

I look at the clock and it is 4:30, I still have and hour and thirty minutes left till the surgery starts. I let out a small groan of annoyance and Jerome pulls me closer. I relax and I close my eyes.

Jerome's Pov:

I hear Mitch's soft snores and I let out a sigh of relief. I lean my head back against the wall and I close my eyes. After a while I hear a crash and I sit straight up and I see Brandon on the ground with a pained look.
" You okay there buddy?"
" The crutches are by the door, I was trying to get them."
" I see that, know are you okay?"
" I guess, I did fall onto of my leg, by I was able to get our from under it."
" did you open the stitches?"
" No I checked them."
" Now why are you trying to get your crutches?"
" I need to go to the rest room."
" Well you could have asked Poofless....Wait never mind they are asleep."
" Yes, captain obvious."
I laugh and Brandon manages to stand up again,
" be careful."
" I will don't worry.''

I watch him with a worried expression as he slowly makes his way to the crutches. Then after about 5 minutes he made it.
" yay! I did it."
" Yes you did, now don't be long or Matt is going to freak."
" I know, I know. And don't worry I will."

He walks out of the room and I lean my head up against the wall and close my eyes again.

I hear the door open and Brandon comes into the room and sits on Matt's lap. Matt wraps his arms around him and Brandon lays on him shoulder.

~~1 hour and 30 minute time skip~~

Jerome's Pov:

I hear the door open and I see the doctor walk into the room.
( D: Doctor, J: Jerome, M: Mitch )

D: Can you wake him up, then get of the bed please?
J: Sure thing.

I proceed to wake up Mitch and he slowly opens his eyes and looks at me. I kiss his head and I get of the bed.
J: You will be okay.
M: Okay.

They wheel him out of the room and I sit in one of the chairs and I let up a sigh.
" He will be okay."

I look up and I see that Brandon is awake.

" Why are you not asleep?"
" The Voices make it really hard. I haven't had any sleep for about 3 days now."
" I though you said that they faded when you are with Matt."
" They do, when I am awake. When I am asleep it does help but not as much as when I am awake. Then the last time I fell asleep I almost killed Vikk."
" But you didn't."
" But I almost did....Gosh I hate this."

He states hiding his head in his face. I look at him.

" You know anything that the other Brandon does is not your fault."
" Yes it is, I am in control of this body."
" But not the other you."
" Okay I see you point. But I did almost kill one of my bed friends."
" Yet you didn't. you didn't let the other you touch him."
" Okay, you win."

I smile and me and Pete make small talk while the surgery is going on.