Chapter Ten

As Krampus registered her broken words, he saw the once innocent eyes of the young ones flicker with muderous intent as they revealed a variety of weapons. Knives, pitchforks, spiked balls and torches entered his sight when he watched eerie smiles spread across the faces of those who stood before him.

Now this is a problem. "As much as I want to play cops and robbers with you fine fellows, I must be on my way." The prince concluded that killing them would be pointless and opted to escape instead. After all, he didn't want to be the same as the greedy king that ruled with an iron fist. He didn't want to kill them. It was obvious that they were being forced to follow the king's orders. He may even be threatening them with death.

If Krampus would ever succeed with his plan, he was going to make sure that no victim got hurt in the process. They weren't directly involved; it was only Santa Claus that he had a rather sharp bone to pick with.

So he gave a little bow before running to the exit with a smirk. "Bye, bye darlings!" He teased as the snow embraced his bare feet when he opened the door.

The elf at the front groaned. "Stop in the name of the king!" She yelled at him, then turned to the elves behind her. "What're you all freezing up for? We have to kill him or else it's off with our heads!" The elves were fidgeting, none daring to look her in the eye. Impatient, she pointed her knife towards them. "Move it, now!" She ordered with a clear soprano voice that was unfit for such vulgar language.

I don't have time for this, the Prince thought when he heard them yell bloody murder, I need to confront the source. He pounded his feet, sprinting as fast as he could whilst searching for Simon. He didn't want the irrated elves to hurt the lad so he wouldn't dare call out to him. How else can I find him? He wondered with frustration until an idea came to mind. Krampus stopped moving and took a deep inhale, shifting past the diverse array of scents until he found the familiar smell of his deer friend.

To the North, the prince concluded when the screams of the savage elves that were closing in on him grew louder. With nothing to lose, he ran to where his nose took him. Once he saw the tips of antlers, Krampus moved faster, letting the snow brush against his hirsute features.

"Simon!" he hissed with urgency while running towards the large animal. The reindeer turned his head at the prince's voice, jumping at the sounds of the factory elves' monstrous squeaks. Krampus waved his hand, running through the deep snow to Simon's side.

"Simon," Krampus said once he was closer, "we need to leave."

The reindeer's eyes widened when he asked, "What happened?"

The prince chuckled a little. "I made them a little angry when I teased them. Anyways, we need to get out of here! I don't want to hurt them."

Krampus patted Simon's head before hopping onto his back. He gripped onto Simon's antlers and bent down to say into his ear, "Let's go to Toy Town."

Simon nodded before crouching. "Understood. Hold on."

Krampus tightened his hold on his friend's antlers when a question popped in his mind. "Does it hurt when I pull it?"

Simon stilled. "As long as you don't use enough force than I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

The goat-demon never replied, instead focusing his attention on the elves that he saw far off into the distance. "Hurry. We're better off going the opposite direction. Don't want them to shoot us down with arrows," Krampus muttered with a chuckle.

Simon nodded before taking off, running against the snowy wind's current. He kicked his feet, making Krampus jump a little as they lifted off the ground.