Chapter Twenty

As the snow clung to his rapidly growing fur, Krampus glared at the fat king with glowing yellow eyes. Damn him! He doesn't even deserve to be rotting in Hell. I'm going to personally devour him.

He took a step towards the dwindling crowd, but was stopped by Simon. "I understand your anger, but causing anymore mischief is not recommended."

"What? Why? So you're just going to let him do this tyranny?" he spat, filled with rage. His tail was swinging rapidly, throwing snowflakes left and right behind him.

Simon sighed before pushing his comrade back with his antlers. "Trust me, I hate it just as much. But you must understand that we can not freely do what we please under the king's rule. That includes you, Krampus."

He tightened his fists. "That wretched fool has gone too far. I need to end his reign."

"But Krampus-"

Just then, the wind blew harsh winds against their fur. Long skinny branches wrapped around their necks and pushed them together. "Hey guys, interesting conversation ya having here." Tim's plump face came into view, making them both freeze. "Mind if I join in?"

Krampus coughed out of shock. "Tim! Greetings. To what do we owe the pleasure of your company on this fine day?"

The snowman glared at him. "Don't think I've forgotten about your little stunt yesterday."

Krampus smirked, placing his hand on the snowman's head right afterwards. "Relax, I was just in a hurry. You two were in the way, so I took action. No need to be so tense, Tim."

He brushed the goat demon's hand off as if he were the plague. His mouth curved into a toothy frown when he snarled, "Don't think we'll let you get away with this! I won't hesitate to report this to the―"

Krampus put his hand on Tim's face and wiped his mouth away. The guard rolled back and touched where his lips were supposed to be. Not finding it there, he pointed at Krampus as muffled yells erupted from his concealed mouth.

"Sorry, mate. As much as I love your voice, I can't have you mouthing off to the old man." Funny, I didn't think it would work. He chuckled, then turned to Simon. "I think it would be best to escape while we still can."

Tim rolled towards them with intensity, causing Krampus to jump back. "What, mad you can't curse me out with that foul mouth of yours? Oh, this is splendid. Absolutely splendid. Come on Simon, let's go before Yuki catches wind of this."

The reindeer nodded. "Indeed."

After Krampus hopped onto Simon, they flew off under the cloudy sky. Tim, filled with an unspoken rage, moved to untouched snow and took some into his hand. He made a pile clumsy snowballs, then hurled them at the duo with rapid speed.

When one almost landed on his head, Krampus ducked and swatted it back with his tail. "Haha, bitch!" he exclaimed when it hit Tim's stomach. To his dismay, the snowman gave no sign of backing down. Instead, he absorbed the snow into his stomach and released water vapor. Tim then took more snowballs and sucked them into his body, growing larger in the process.

"Krampus, it is most beneficial for us to-"

"Hold your reindeer, Simon. Let's give the soldier a show." Krampus' tail swung in amusement while they dodged Tim's cannon-like stomach. "Besides, I need a breather after everything that's happened."

Simon knocked his antlers against the half demon's hooves. "Alright. I need one myself."

A smile crept on Krampus' beared face. "Thanks." Forgive me Lilith, but your death will not be in vain. He then retaliated Tim's constant blows with a blast of dark energy that formed in his hands. The black balls of fire burned anything they touched, including Tim's troublesome barrage of molded snowflakes.