0.4

The Man Who Saved Central City In A Nutshell Pt.2

"According to the coroner's office, Al Rothstein's body was in the morgue all night so we can scratch off zombie attack." Cisco explained, looking at his computer.

"Rothstein have a twin brother?" Joe asked.

"Nope. Only child. And get this: the night the accelerator exploded, Rothstein was on his honeymoon...in Hawaii."

"So we're looking for a guy who is really strong, can grow twice his size, and just happens to look exactly like the guy who was murdered."

"I would think this meta was really cool if everything about him didn't just terrify me to my core."

"Is that what happened to you? You looked really spooked there for a minute."

"Uh..."

"I actually see the guy that I can ask about it right now. Call you back, okay?" Iris said, walking up to Joe's desk.

"Hey, so the hospital next to the Flash Day rally, the x-ray and CT machines all failed at once. Is that because of you?"

"I did not do anything that would cause that. I'm 92% sure." Cisco said, Iris giving him a look.

"I'm gonna go make that 100. Excuse me." He said, walking away.

"You okay?" Joe asked Iris.

"We need to talk."

"Okay."

Joe and Iris walked over to the window so that they could talk more privately. Joe looked at Iris expectantly, waiting for her to talk.

Iris sighed, "Barry can't do this alone anymore."

Joe sighed exasperatedly.
"That's his plan and I don't know how to talk him out of it. At this point, I'm just trying not to push him further away."

"Well maybe Barry's been so successful at pushing you, me, and everyone else away is because we keep letting him. Let's not let him."

"What do you suggest?"

"Well...if you keep getting no for an answer, stop asking questions."

Joe gasped, "I say that!" he exclaimed, pointing to himself.
"You quoting me to me?"

"Well what can I say? You are a very smart man."

Joe laughed, wrapping his arm around Iris as she smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caitlyn stood at her computer, typing away.

"So, this is what it looks like inside Mercury Labs." Cisco said, looking astonished.
"Security here is way better than what it was at Star Labs what with people walking in and out of the Cortex all the time."

Caitlyn smiled at him, happy to see her friend.
"Hi Cisco."

"Sweet Sara, is that a 6k proton splicer?" Cisco said, walking over to the object.