The Find

Zuko's P.O.V.

I was walking along the shore of lake laogai when I saw something on the beach. I ran over and discovered it was a person. They were lying on their stomach so I flipped them over.

It was JET!!!

I quickly reacted, doing CPR.

He moved over and I realised it wasn't working. I unbuttoned his shirt and placed my hands on his bare chest. I let all my chi move towards my hands.

I could sense water flooding his lungs. I concentrated and let all my heat go to my hands.

After a moment he stired. I was relieved. He coughed and spit out water.

I gave him some space.

He sat up. "Where am I?"

"On the shore of lake laogai."

"Who are- wait. You're that guy I accused of firebending. Um... Sorry...about all that..."

"Well you weren't too far off." I held out my hand and formed a small flame. His eyes grew ten times larger and he backed away.

"You ARE a firebender! G-get away from me!"

"I'm not evil. I just saved your life."

As soon as I said that some angry earthbenders spotted us. They began shooting rocks at us. I bended fire at the ground, creating a smoke screen. I went over to Jet.

"Can you walk?"

"I think so-ouch." he fell down as he attempted to get up. "No."

Without hesitation I picked him up bridal style and carried him away from the barrage of rock bullets.