Chapter Seven: The Unexpected Meeting

Sipping on her orange juice, Leona frowned hearing the doorbell ring and wondered who could be calling at her new home this early in the morning; she was only up because she had a check-up later that morning and didn't want to be late. 

Setting down her glass, Leona got to her feet and moved to answer the door; she hoped it wasn't her mother dropping in to surprise her again. 

Leona loved her mother but her surprise visits since she had moved in were becoming a nightmare, she was starting to drive Leona crazy and she wished that she would give her a break. 

Opening the door, Leona paused at the sight of the strange woman that was standing on her doorstep; she swallowed as it dawned on her who it was. 

"You must be Leona. It is wonderful to meet you," Olalla said smiling and stepping into the apartment before the blonde could stop her, she hadn't been able to resist when she had found out that Leona was living here. 

Olalla was even willing to forgive Fernando for not telling her that he had moved the surrogate into his old apartment when she had been dying to meet Leona for weeks now. 

Closing the door behind her, Leona stared at her knowing that Fernando would have given her some sort of warning if he had known that his fiancée was going to visit. 

The two of them were still working on things between them and Leona had no idea how to deal with Olalla; she was a little nervous about being around the woman. 

"I found out you lived here now and I just wanted to meet you," Olalla gushed with a smile, she admired the woman before her and she had to admit that she hoped that her baby got her blue eyes. 

They would be perfect and Olalla could already imagine how perfect the baby would be, she couldn't think of a way to thank Leona for what she was doing.

"You're doing such a wonderful thing," Olalla continued peeking around, the apartment looked so different from what she remembered and she had honestly thought that it had been sold when they had moved to England. 

She had never really liked it here and the house that they now had was perfect, Olalla had spent months preparing it before they had returned to live in Madrid. 

"I'm sorry what?" Leona asked not sure what the hell she was talking about, she was just having a baby and she had a feeling that someone hadn't told Olalla her plans to keep it when it was born. 

Olalla only smiled before moving into the living area, she was just so happy and she was sure that Fernando had worked everything out; his lawyer was one of the best and would help them legally with all of this. 

"You're doing a wonderful thing by acting as our surrogate," Olalla repeated moving to check what was in the fridge, she didn't want Leona eating anything that she didn't approve of and she wanted Leona to take care of her baby. 

Blinking at what Olalla had said, Leona shook her head wondering why Fernando had put off talking to her about what was going on. 

This baby was nothing to do with Olalla and it never would be, Leona would happily raise her child alone and take nothing from Fernando; she wasn't going to fight with Olalla over her child. 

"I'm not a surrogate," Leona insisted shaking her head, she didn't know why Olalla had assumed that she was but there was no way she was going to panda to the woman. 

She needed to be set straight and it was for the best if Leona stuck to her guns, her father had warned her that people might expect her to just hand over her baby to Olalla to raise. 

"Would you prefer to be called something else?" Olalla asked simply, she frowned at what was inside the fridge knowing that this simply wouldn't do; she would have to go shopping on stuck up on the food she wanted Leona eating.

Her phone buzzed in her pocket but Olalla ignored it guessing that Fernando had found her note about going to meet with Leona; she wondered when the blonde's next doctor's appointment would be and if she could go with her. 

"The madre," Leona stated sharply, she stared at Olalla wondering who the hell she thought she was and how she had discovered that she lived here; she wanted her gone and quickly. 

Her presence made Leona nervous and she knew that right now nothing would make her at ease with having Olalla here, the woman was clearly convinced that she would be handing over the baby to her. 

Olalla opened and closed her mouth at Leona's words, they made her stomach drop and she wondered why God would be so cruel to steal another child from her like this. 

"I am not giving up my baby," Leona said feeling bad for Olalla, she understood that the other woman had struggled to conceive in the past but that shouldn't be cause for her to just hand over her own child to her. 

The room was silent as Leona's words sank in and Olalla felt her world fall apart around her, she had counted so much on the blonde just handing over the baby and that being it; she had never thought she would want to keep it. 

Everything that Olalla had wanted had been taken from her and she knew it was only a matter of time before she lost Fernando; he would play happy families with Leona and their baby while she waited for him at home. 

The child wasn't even more yet and Olalla could see the hurt and the pain that it was going to cause her; she wished she had been more prepared for the announcement that Leona would keep her baby. 

The sound of the front door opening and slamming shut made the two women jump and they slowly turned to see Fernando stepping into the room; he looked far from pleased to find Olalla here.

He had no idea who had told her that Leona was living in this apartment but Fernando was going to be having serious words with whoever had done it; he had hoped to speak with his fiancée first before this could happen. 

"Take me home please," Olalla interrupted before Fernando could breathe a word, she didn't look at him or Leona just wanting to get out of here. 

She needed to speak with him and Olalla knew that she was doing the right thing, she didn't feel right standing in the way and trying to take control when he was going to be a father. 

Fernando stared at her, he had expected a fight to erupt when Olalla realised that she wasn't going to be a mother; he had never thought she would react so calmly about all of this. 

Peeking at Leona, Fernando nodded his head and slowly followed after Olalla as they left the apartment; he was worried what might have been said when he wasn't there. 

Never in her life had Olalla been so quiet and Fernando feared what she might be thinking, he didn't wish to fight with her and he still didn't know how to explain everything. 

Watching as Olalla and Fernando left the apartment Leona stayed frozen to the spot not entirely sure what to make of the first meeting that she'd shared with Olalla. 

It made her worry for her future and she hoped that Olalla wasn't going to attempt to steal custody; Leona would do anything for her baby and there was a long way to go before he or she arrived. 

Biting her lip, Leona slowly moved from her place and tidied away her breakfast not feeling so hungry anymore; her thought focused on what would be happening between Fernando and Olalla while they were on their way home.