Ch.3

Chapter Three

Massy had been in school for a little over a month, and already she was beginning to feel like her old self. She was slowly starting to shift back into the old swing of things. As days went by she found herself getting closer to Avery Lovett and his group of friends. She was getting to know Fly a little better and even started to look towards the other girl as a friend. She was even getting closer to Alec and Jeremy.

At first she thought it was the hardest thing, trying to get to know each of them. Out of the four new friends she seemed to have acquired Fly seemed like the one to open them up the most. In some way Fly remembered her of Kalani, before she became consumed with changing everything about her. Fly was nice and seemed to have a heart of gold. The girl couldn't seem to say one bad word about anybody and she always wore a smile on her face. She was truly like an open book, and for that Massy found herself quickly latching on to her.

Avery as friendly as he came across only seemed to be that way when he was around his friends. If he wasn't with them, then he was what she had always thought he would be, which was the school's bad boy. He had a quick temper and didn't seem to mind intimidate those who got in his way. He used his built and size to push people aside and have them shaking in their boots. But aside from the occasional bad boy routine, he go back to being the funny, hugely egotistical jerk face who always seemed to find the best interest of his day getting under Spencer Milton's skin.

Alec was a hard guy to read. Sometimes he would talk, while other times he'd seat amongst the group quietly, almost as if he was looking out and observing everyone around him. There as a certain intensity about him that Massy couldn't quite place. She noticed it right off the back, but every time she was around him he was quiet and pretty much stayed to himself. And although he was tranquil Alec carried himself in a very prestige way and everyone seemed to like him. Massy just figured that he was the type of guy that could get anyone to open up to him.

Jeremy was the one that Massy found herself wanting to get to know the most. Out of all of her newly acquired friends there seemed to be something about him that made Massy want to latch on. He was extremely handsome and highly respected. Unlike at her last school where jocks were looked on as the guys that bullied the entire school if they were on the up and up, Jeremy was kind and he never seemed to make anyone nervous. He didn't bully anyone and he didn't show his ego, which Massy saw as flattering. Jeremy Jerome was the type of guy that could probably get any girl that he wanted, god knows how many times Massy watched as girls seemed to throw themselves at him.

It was a Friday and the last bell of the day had just rung and Massy found herself walking down the busy hall trying to get to her locker. As she approached she found that Spencer Milton and her posse of followers were standing by the lockers. Massy silently cursed herself hating the fact that their lockers were so close together. Every since her first day at school Spencer went out of her to throw shade Massy's way. She publicly humiliated her, casted her as an outsider, and threaten her on more than one occasion on the type of company she kept.

Part of Massy understood why she would react in such ways. Massy was the new girl in town, and although she hadn't acted on anything, Massy was blind or dump enough to not notice the way guys stared at her. She heard them talking about her, saying just how beautiful she was and how much they'd want to bang her. Massy just figured that it was part of the territory, being the new girl in all. Of course she always had a way of making guys fall down to their knees when she was concern. At her old school guys and some girls found her to be one of a kind, and they always had to push up on her.

With that in mind Massy knew why Spencer would act out towards her. Massy was the new girl, and when it came down to it, Spencer had to feel threaten in some type of way. Spencer was the it girl in the school, she was the type of girl that prided herself on having the right type of reputation that stood at the top levels in high school, and Massy was like a shiny new toy to everyone.