Ch.4

Ch. 4

The next morning when Massy woke up in her home alone, she sat at the edge of her bed for hours thinking about the night before at the party when Kalani had called her out in front of everyone. Part of Massy wanted nothing but to bash her sister's head in for her little stunt. But another part of her wanted Kalani to stop hating her. She wanted her little sister again. She wanted to her friend. She wanted a fresh start for herself, for them.

It killed her to have Kalani talking to her the way that she was. It killed her to see that fire of hatred burning deep in her soul. All Massy wanted to do was to move on and to have her sister see her the way that she had.

Sitting up in bed, Massy sighed in frustration as she fought to hold back the tears that wanted to spill.

Last night all she wanted to do was to feel normal again. She wanted to forget about everything that had happened in the past so that she could focus on a better future, and tighten the bond that she was making with Fly and the others. But when Kalani of all people showed up to Spencer's party and humiliated her Massy felt at a lost. For the first time in her life, she felt how much someone's hatred could hurt, especially if she held a close connection to the person.

Reaching up and running a hand through her soft brown hair Massy tried to think of a way to get Kalani to forgive her. She didn't want her sister hating her for the rest of their lives. Clearly there was a way to get her to forgive her so that that they could move on, but the only thing that Massy could think of was how to go about getting what she wanted.

Getting out of bed, Massy took a shower and got dressed. When she was done, she headed up the stairs and found herself standing outside of Kalani's room door.

Her heart hammered in her chest as she stood on the other side of the door, not knowing whether to knock on the door, or to flee for her own safety. Giving in to her worst fear, Massy knocked on the door, only to receive her cold harsh silence. She knocked a couple of more times, and got the same response. Looking at the door with the hopeful look leaving her eyes, Massy did the only thing that she could do thinking that the silence was Kalani's way of telling Massy to get lost. Reaching out and placing her hand on the door knob Massy twisted the knob and opened the door, pushing it opened and stepping inside of the room. As she did her eyes automatically scanned around the room in search for her younger sister.

Seeing that Kalani's bed went unslept in Massy felt her heart drop.

Walking slowly around the room, Massy found her eyes lingering on the pictures that had been posted on the board that was hanging on the wall near. She had never really gotten the opportunity to look at the board because Kalani either kept the door close or she was busy putting her out. Shrugging the thoughts away Massy found her eyes lingering over all of the pictures posted on the board of Britt when she was their age.

From the looks of things, Massy guessed that her mother was very popular. In every picture she was seen with a group of different people smiling the day away and posing for the camera.

Massy smiled at herself as she spotted a picture of her mother standing in the arms of some guy. As she looked at the picture, she found herself focusing on the way Britt's body language spoke. The smile that was displayed on her face was one that Massy had never seen. It certainly was not one she had shown when Britt was around Massy's father, and neither was it with her face when she was around Kalani's.

Looking at the picture Britt's greenish grey eyes glistened with a certain spark that was not quite seen before as she and the guy smiled at the camera. Her long dark hair had been in a ponytail letting her beauty shine. Her arms had been wrapped around the guy's neck as he held her in his arms bridal style.