Ch.8

Ch.8

Walking in silence as she followed behind Johnny and a reserved Alec, Kalani, couldn't help the fact that her eyes practically roamed from place to place as she entered the wide and spacious home, taking in all of the modern styled furniture. The place was absolutely beautiful to the site, and something Kalani expected to see out of some fancy magazine. With the exception of Johnny's other house guest, Kalani would have rated the place a ten just from the looks of things along.

With hesitation filling her eyes, she chose to brave all of the curious looks she was getting from the people that she didn't recognize from her school.

In a silent motion she took a seat at the first empty chair she spotted at the long table that had been placed in the center of the room. Dropping her bag to the side of her, she let her eyes drift from face to face, not even sparing a smile or any acknowledgement to the others.

Happy that most of the others in the room didn't find her the slightest bit interesting, she reached inside her bag and pulled out her phone, checking to see if her mother had left her any messages. As sure as she was that Massy had spilled her heart out about what happened in school, she was surprised to see that Britt hadn't called or messaged her; the old Britt, before moving to this place would have let them work their issues out amongst themselves, but this new Britt was determined to play the noisy mother.

Reaching down and placing her phone back in her bag, she looked up just in time to see, one of her classmate's from school walking over to her with two red cups in her hands.

Taking the girl in with her dark hair and slim body, Kalani sighed silently to herself, hoping that her sister wouldn't come popping out of nowhere.

"Hi Kalani, how's it going?" the girl, Fly, said as she placed a soft and gently smile on her face.

"Fine." Kalani stated in a somewhat reserved tone, as she diverted her eyes elsewhere.

Letting out a soft chuckle, as she sensed Kalani's need to shy away, Fly took the opportunity to slide into the seat next to the reserved girl.

"Would you like some punch?" Fly asked as she not so subtlety pushed one of the two cups she had been carrying over to Kalani, who in returned looked at the plastic cup in a highly suspicious state.

"Uh,-"

"Don't worry, it's only punch. I swear." Fly said as she held her soften smile, as her dark eyes stayed placed on Kalani. "If these guys wanted to get drunk in anyway, they'd drink directly from the bottle." She stated in a light joking voice.

With great reluctance, Kalani took the drink and wrapped her small hands around it, as she placed her eyes on the table.

Again, picking up the hint that Kalani had been a bit uncomfortable, Fly slightly tapped the girls hand, gaining her attention before motioning for her to follow her.

Not seeing much else to do in a strangers home, Kalani rose from her spot at the table and began to follow behind Fly.

As they walked in silence Kalani found herself stepping out into the very large backyard, as a beautiful scenery of the forest opening was spotted in the distance, surrounding Johnny's yard as it appeared freshly cut lawn and decorated with small and lit candles that set off to the sides. There was a large pool in the middle of the yard that made her just want to jump in and submerge herself in its coolness, and lining around it were a couple of lawn chairs.