Four

Mr. Adams paced the length of his bedroom, his hands shaking at his sides. He was pissed ever since he woke up and I couldn't understand why. He said nothing since he woke up.

"C-can I ask what's wrong?" I asked, hating the silence.

He glared at me, still pacing. "Slaves are supposed to be obedient but you're too obedient."

"I'm sorry, sir. I just... I was doing what I was told."

"You don't have to be so perfect all the time."

"I-"

"Enough!" He yelled, his voice making me flinch. "You're going back to Peter. I can find a hell of a lot better slaves elsewhere."

I was excited. No, I was thrilled. I was afraid of Peter when there were four of us and I was still afraid knowing I'd be by myself with him. But he wasn't as bad as Mr. Adams.

"We're leaving." He said, leaving the room.

I got to my feet quickly and followed him to the foyer. He pulled the collar off and tossed it to the floor. He grabbed a set of keys out of his pocket and headed for the car.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Adams banged his fist on the door and growled in annoyance. "Where the hell is he?"

The door opened just a crack. I couldn't see him but I knew he was there. He had to be if the door opened.

"What do you want?"

Mr. Adams grabbed my wrist and shoved me toward the door. "You can have your slave back."

The door opened a little more and there stood Peter, his eyes ringed in red and his skin more pale than I'd ever seen it. He wasn't wearing a shirt and his shorts were wrinkled. His feet were also bare.

"She was assigned to you, Michael."

"I can do whatever I want with her and I'm giving her back. I need a slave that will fight back. And that's not her."

Peter looked at me, his eyes narrowed like he was scrutinizing my every move. "Fine. Sorry you had to deal with this."

Mr. Adams let go of me and started walking backwards, preparing himself to leave. "I'm more sorry you're stuck with her."

When he was gone, Peter moved so I could walk inside, hanging on the door. "Better to listen than to be stubborn and try to run away every few days."

I stood just inside the door, not sure what I was supposed to do. Or could do for that matter. It was weird being the only one when there used to be four of us.

Peter pushed me up against the wall, slamming the door shut in the process, and gripped my neck with his hand. His breath hit my face, sending shivers down my spine.

"I'm hungry."

I swallowed, bringing unnecessary emphasis to my neck.

His eyes moved to my neck and a bit of a smile appeared on his face. He let his hand fall only to pierce the skin with his fangs.

I was glad the wall was behind me for support.

He didn't take much blood from me. Though I didn't have much to spare.

He pulled back but kept his lips on my skin. "I want you. Right. Now."

My heart hammered in my chest. He wanted me. Wanted me. I knew he had sex with Chloe. I was very aware of that. But having sex with me? What if he didn't like it?

"No thinking. Just sex." He whispered. He pulled my legs up on his hips and his hands moved to my butt. He carried me to his room and laid me on the bed.

He stood at the foot end of the bed, watching me, an animal-like hunger in his eyes. I knew with both of us there we looked like a predator and its prey. With the fear in my eyes, the child-like qualities I had, and the hunger in his, it was obvious which one of us was the human and which was the vampire.

Peter slunk down on the bed, his hands on either side of my face. He kissed me but I knew it wasn't romantic. It was just foreplay. It was always just sex when it was between a human and a vampire.

Peter ripped the dress from my body, tossing fabric to his left and right, not caring where it landed on the floor. He took his shorts off just as quickly but without ripping them because of course his clothes got to stay in good condition.

He wasted no more time once we were both undressed. He went straight to the sex, straight to what was most enjoyable for him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to someone tapping me with their foot. I opened one eye, somewhat expecting the sun to blind me. It was only the light from the lamp by the bed. And Peter nudging me awake.

Because I was a human, a slave, I had to sleep on the floor, had to sleep wherever Peter, my master, wanted me.

"I need blood." He said flatly.

I looked up at him and saw he was buttoning a dress shirt. There was no tie on him though I didn't think there would be. Not after the way he looked the night before.

"Go to the basement and get a few packs from the freezer."

I nodded, said a quick 'yes, sir', and went to get the blood.

For some unknown reason, Peter kept the keys beside the front door. Though it was tempting to escape, I wasn't going to. I liked being with Peter better than Mr. Adams or any other vampire so I wasn't going to try to get away.

And I definitely wasn't going to leave when it was dark. Vampires could go out at night and that would just make me more of a target.

So I grabbed the basement key and went down the steps, flipping on the light as I reached the bottom step.

The basement was old and cold and described vampires perfectly. The walls were concrete and gray. Boring. There was a cell in the far corner, left open from the last time it was used.

There was also a giant freezer just beside the steps. I went to it and unlocked it with the key. There were dozens of blood bags, all frozen to the perfect temperature. I knew Peter liked his as more of a slushy rather than a drink.

I grabbed five type Os, his favorite, and locked the freezer back up.

I put the key back and went to the bedroom. Peter was sitting in a chair, flipping through TV channels. I was surprised the vampires even kept up with the TV and such. But they had priorities just like us humans had had.

I walked over to him and handed him the bags of blood. He took them eagerly, not bothering to wait to bite into one. He patted the few inches of space beside him, wanting me to sit with him.

Since I didn't want to break any rules and get punished, I sat down beside him.

He tossed the empty bag onto the floor and bit into another one.

I stayed quiet. I knew slaves got in trouble for speaking out when they weren't supposed to. We all had to learn that lesson.

Peter finished the last one then tossed it onto the pile of empty blood bags. He turned the TV off and tossed the controller onto the couch across the room.

"Being good and following the rules isn't a bad thing, you know." He said, wrapping his arm over my shoulders.

I nodded, not having anything good enough thing to say.

He pulled the shirt from my shoulder and kissed it, his fangs brushing against my skin. "You need to eat."

My immediate response was to tell him no. But I wasn't going to argue against him.