Chapter 2

May 25, 2016

The alarm woke me up at 6:30 in the morning. School bus will be picking up parents, guardians, and students around 7:30 for the enrolment in school today.

You see, our school is situated far from town that you will need a car to go to and from. It's surrounded by a vast floor of trees and usually called the most literally private school in town.

I prepared for the day and grabbed a granola bar on my way out. I walked to the bus stop around 7:15. When I reached the shed, my phone rang. My best friend, Katrina, called me.

"Hey Treen, what's up?" I asked as I observed different kinds of vehicles passing by the high way.

"I'm so sorry, Rory!" She blurted out so suddenly, making me wonder why. But before I could ask, she beat me to it.

"My mom is on her way to work, and she's going to drop by your bus stop to give you my documents. Can you please please please please enroll for me? Both my parents are busy and - "

"Eh?! I thought we were going to enroll together!" I interrupted, the vehicles on the high way seemed less interesting.

"I thought so too, until yesterday when my little brother suddenly got sick and immediately brought to the hospital. You know there's no one else in our house to look over a 3-year-old."

"I see. Well, that can't be helped then. How about your sister, isn't she going to enroll today?"

"She will. Our school bus were picking up earlier, since we live farther. So since she left early, I forgot to hand them to her."

And then I heard her little brother murmuring something in the background that I couldn't understand.

"I'm really sorry, bes. And thank you! You're my life savior."

"Yeah, yeah. Calvin's calling for you already. Guess I'll see you next time."

Then she hung up. A maroon van stopped in front of me a few minutes later. Katrina's mom handed me the documents and envelope for school payments before thanking me and riding off.

Since I live quite nearer to school, the school bus for our area doesn't leave early. You see, Katrina's family lives in the nearby city, which is again almost an hour ride to this town and another 30 minutes to go to school.

There weren't any of my classmates in the school bus I rode. Maybe because they rode with their parent's car or they didn't choose to do theirs. I noticed some school mates though.

As soon as I stepped out of the bus, I was already greeted and waved by some of my classmates and close schoolmates. I just nodded and tried to lift a smile. I was the type to be fairly reserved, and having trust issues also landed me to being selective of my friends, resulting to having only less than a handful of people I can be comfortable with.

I went to the school's auditorium where they were holding the enrolment. While I was walking towards the place, I suddenly had the urge to pee so I took a restroom break.

I went out of the comfort room as soon as a guy went out of the male's room. I thought it was a classmate for he was taller than me so I took a glance longer and realized that he wasn't someone from here, but someone I certainly familiarized.

He probably felt my presence and glanced back at me. I was silent for a while, trying to recall who he was, but it seemed like he already knew me for his expression turned to recognition.

"Suitcase girl!" He said in delight loud enough for both of us to hear while pointing at me.

Suitcase girl? Ah!