The Voice

As I walk down the hallways of Holmes Chapel Comprehensive School, I see a group of students chatting while some were getting things from their lockers. Besides the usual routine, I suddenly heard some snotty student shouting from behind me.

 "Look it's Ariana Grande!!" a guy shouted and as soon as he said that, everyone around started to turn their heads to look at me.

This is so embarrassing but as usual there was more, "Grande, then why is she so small??" a jock yelled.

I just held my head up high and strutted through the hallways despite getting laughed at. I bit down on my lower lip to stop myself from crying.

I went straight to my first class, opening the door as quickly as I could. Thank goodness the classroom was still empty. I went straight to the back of the room to take my seat right at the far end, by the windows.

I really just don't understand why all of them are being mean to me. I'm definitely a normal person. Well, okay maybe except for my hair which is dyed red but besides that, what's the problem with me??

"There's no problem with you, you look beautiful." someone said.

I look up to see a boy with curly hair and gorgeous green eyes. Crap! Did I just speak my thoughts out aloud again? I mentally face-palmed myself for being such a dodo bird. It is as though my mouth has a brain of its own, speaking without thinking.

"Harry" he said as he offered his hand for a handshake.

He seems like a gentleman.

"Ariana." I replied him, shaking his hand.

"You new here?" I questioned him curiously.

Harry gave me a small nod and I think I saw him smiling a little. Did I see a dimple or two??

----------

A Month Later...

We used to be best friends but now, he is one of my bullies. Well he doesn't really bully me but his friends do. It all happened when he discovered his talent. Harry can sing and he sings really well. His husky voice is to die for! So I guess he sort of got his name to be Mr. Popular Styles where everyone supported him. This includes the jocks, nerds and even the computer geeks and no doubt the cheerleaders and the so called sluts and whores did too.

Ever since Harry has gotten himself pulled into popularity, his attitude changed. He neither doesn't talk to me or try looking me in the eye like he used to. I guess that he is probably disgusted with me. Or is it because of who I am? I'm not popular. Plus, I'm short and there are so many other possible reasons that I can come up with but I don't want to create a bigger hole in this aching heart of mine.

Why does this always happen to me??

---------

After classes I decided to go to the music room to practice on the song I have written, and yes, I express my feelings through the songs I write. I like to pour everything my heart feels to the songs I make. It kind of removes all the burden I'm carrying on my shoulders. And yet no one needs to ear or know about it. Making music is like getting out of this world without anyone knowing.

I started playing the intro on the grand piano infront of me..

"I love the way you make me feel 

I love it, I love it 

I love the way you make me feel 

I love it, I love it"

I wish someone was there for me, so I would felt like I was loved besides my parents, but a friend who will love me for who I am.