Chapter Eleven

Natural Enemies

***

Jonghyun chuckled lightly at one of his friend's antics and crossed his legs against the table he was sitting on, just in time for a newly hair-dyed boy came in his line of sight, eyes widening at how cute a certain nerd with his new blond hair.

"Yah, isn't that your nerdy frenemy Kibum?" Changmin, one of Jonghyun's friends, joked, checking the newly arrived boy who was being fussed over by Woohyun and Nicole with his new hair colour.

Jonghyun glared at Changmin for a moment who raised his hand in defence. He didn't respond and just stared at Kibum's form. Damn, he thought, he looks so good with blond.

Kibum laughed at one of his friend's remark about his new hair colour and lifted his head when he felt someone boring a hole on his head, making an eye contact with a certain soccer athlete.

"Waah, you look so cute with blond Kibum-ah!" Minho exclaimed, walking over to the male and patting his head, Kibum ducking his gaze with a light blush covering his cheeks. "Thanks."

Jonghyun's narrowed eyes travelled to Minho which quickly turned to a glare when the taller boy patted Kibum.

The class' excitement about Kibum's new hair was short-lived when their homeroom teacher came in with the usual first period. Minho just smirked at Jonghyun at his way back to his table when he noticed the shorter boy's glare.

***

"Yubin and I talked about you moving in on us,' Kibum's dad informed the teen who froze at the front seat, looking at his Dad briefly.

It's Friday afternoon and they were on their way to the said doctor's house after Kibum's weekly visit with his Dad.

"She told me that it depends on you on when you're ready," Kibum's dad said, a hint of anxiousness seeping his features at Kibum's blank expression, "You don't have to decide now, son. It's all up to you so don't pressure yourself." His father smiled, the car rolling to a stop once they've arrived at the familiar looking gates Kibum spent nine years of his life.

Kibum bit his bottom lip before nodding to what his father had said, whispering a timid goodbye.

Once the car was out of sight, he released a small sigh and opened the gates, half-heartedly noticing that he was alone after reading the note by his JinHae noona that the food was ready for reheat in the microwave. He peeked at the garage and noticed that his Rain-hyung is probably fetching Jonghyun from school since they're having a late council meeting. He dragged himself towards his bedroom and pressed his face on his pillow, facing to the side and blinking at nothing specific.

He doesn't know if he really wants to leave this place; the place he called home ever since he was six-year old. Jonghyun's brat personally all those years never fazed Kibum on feeling at home because his Imo was there, singing something whenever he had nightmares. A tear fell from his feline eyes when he realized that his Imo has always been there for him yet he never gave her anything to repay that everlasting kindness. And now what? After all those years, he's just going to leave her?

With all those things in his mind he didn't notice the rumble outside until it's too late. A flash of lightning broke out from the glass windows followed by a loud thunder, the sky darkening consecutively and heavy rains drenched the hard ground. He tried to turn on his lamp, whimpering when he realized that the power was out.

'Mom~!!!'

Kibum's chest heaved with nervousness as his breathing became laboured, hands grasping his blanket tightly at the unfavourable weather condition. He bit his bottom lip as tears sprung from his eyes, realization dawning on him that he was all alone and no one is there to comfort him.