Chapter Fourteen

Confusion and Secrets Unspilled

***

It was the second week of October and almost all of the students in SM Academy were particularly busy as their school will be commencing their annual school festival next week.

Since Kibum's club was under the Performing Arts, they have designed different performances that needed to transpire within the week-long event. The last one being the grandest since the students will hold an open ground concert at the last day. Some of their funds raised will be donated to different charities in the nearby districts in Seoul.

"Since most of your sections are operating different booths for the week, we'll just give out the list of schedules of our programs so that you can partake in your booth-works. Along those schedules are the people involved in the said day so that you know when will your performance will be. Is that understood?" The Performing Arts adviser said to the students in front of her, the students nodding and voicing their agreement.

After the meeting, Kibum found himself on the his way to their own classroom. Their class decided that they'll just assist to the different school-supported booths since most students are busy with their own club presentations. Kibum, along with his friends, decided that they'll help out with the preparation for the open ground concert since most of their schedules are free. Taemin will be probably busy since their dance class will be the one with the most performances.

He found Nicole along with some of his classmates that will be his company during the preparation for the open ground concert. His eyes scanned the room to look for his best friend and stopped in track when he noticed Jonghyun talking to Woohyun, the former's back turned to him.

He saw how Woohyun nodded to something Jonghyun was saying, lifting his head when he noticed Kibum looking their way.

Jonghyun turned his head and saw the feline-eyed boy looking in their direction, Kibum breaking the eye-contact first.

Eversince the episode of Jonghyun kissing Kibum last week, the latter tried to avoid Jonghyun at all cost. He doesn't want any repeat of what happened. Even though what Jonghyun said that day is still embedded in the back of Kibum's mind.

I won't give up.

Jonghyun took long strides towards Kibum before stopping in front of him, whispering. "Take care of yourself."

Kibum just let his hair cover his eyes, Jonghyun inaudibly sighing before leaving the classroom.

"What's up with him?" Nicole questioned when Jonghyun was out of ear-shot, looking at Kibum. The blond decided to leave it uncommented.

Woohyun came up to them and dragged them off towards the Preparation Committee. Nicole soon forgot about Jonghyun and Kibum's behavior, pointing out the things they needed to do for the open ground concert.

"They really should keep that thing sturdy or I might as well sue the council for their stupid plans." Nicole grumbled under her breath, Kibum looking over to what she was referring to.

The student council decided to install attractions like rides to yield a more festive atmosphere.

It was close to lunch time when Taemin met up with them, looking forward to a break from his dance practices. They were still on the ground, surrounded by rides being installed.

"I saw some food stalls around. Wanna grab lunch from there?" Woohyun asked the group, feeling hungry from all the volunteering work they've made.

Nicole plays with her fingers before stuttering out, “I h-have lunch plans.”