Chapter Eight: Drifted feeling

Hey, wake up. You’re here.” I shook him repeatedly to get him up.

In my estimated time, it’s been 2 minutes of wakening him up and well, he’s still snoring and occupied in his deep sleep.

“Hey jerk!” I shouted at him at my highest pitch. Well, it actually worked because I saw him cringe then straighten up from his seat.

“Please don’t call me jerk lovely lady. It doesn’t suit you.” He said smiling at me. This little jerk, how can he manage to smile and act cool after waking up from his deep-annoying-for-me sleep? He’s a real jerk.

“Hey don’t call me lovely lady. I’ll never be. And get out now.” I told him arrogantly.

“What? Course you are. But by the way…” There’s a long pause. After that he said. “Thanks.” And then that was when I felt myself unmoving. He leaned his face closer to mine. Inches— and a half— and, there, I felt his soft lips brushed mine.

I don’t know why I didn’t protested at that. Did I liked it? Of course not!

I just stared at my door blankly that I didn’t noticed he’d gotten out of the car and walked away and I was still left there, dumbfounded. That was the very first time that somebody kissed me without my idea about it. I could have protested and broke every bone in his face, but no, I just sat there and stayed very still. Stupid me, now he’ll think I like him.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts. It shouldn't have happened.

“Will I be able to ever see you again?” I lifted my head. He had ran back to my car. What is this man doing. We're not even friends or anything. Is he really like this? Befriending girls?

He just stood there as if waiting for a right answer.

“No.” I answered in a monotone and a serious voice. “You never will." He was taken aback from my words. He's now looking at me as if waiting for me to tell him that he can see me again. This is ridiculous. He's the first ever guy that I've encountered acting so weird like this. So much of being a jerk. I just ignored him and his damn face and just drove off down the empty road.

I can’t see him again. He can’t see me too. I’m an assassin, not some ordinary college girl who can date any guy she wants, a girl who can't be like any other pretty female that walks around with her guy with her. I’m different. I’m a killer and I’m no ordinary, and if he knows who I am, it’ll blow up my cover and jeopardize my mission. And no one would ever want a killer to be his or her lover, even a killer won't. A killer will always kill. An assassin will always assassinate. Will I?

“Why did you help him anyway? He’s got nothing to do with you or the mission. Damn Ceana!” I cussed while drifting my car on the turning point of the street. I can feel it. I know this stupid feeling. I can't have this. This is wrong. Very wrong.

———

I'm currently holding my grocery cart. I bet you know what I'm doing. The Assassin's getting groceries! I'm out of foods and yeah, I'm really doing it.

"Chicken, beef, broccoli, corn flakes, sour cream, milk, pineapple juice, potato, lettuce, cucumbers, turnips— " I'm in the line at the counter, checking my groceries if I'd bought all that I needed. I'm a big eater, for real. I like to eat, as long as the foods are good of course. I'm a good cook too, but I've never cooked my foods myself since I'm getting the busiest days. I'll be cooking. Soon.

"I think that's it." I'm next in line.

"Good morning ma'am" the cashier greeted me with her lovely smile. It's really true that Filipinos are friendly.

I gave back a smile at her. It won't be hard to be a good person when you're surrounded by this people. I'm good. Sort of?

I'm taking out my groceries one by one and placed it in the metallic something beside the scanner and the cashier took each one of it and scanned my groceries.

"451 pesos ma'am " The cashier told me as she finished summing up my grocery's cost.

I took out a bill in my purse and handed it to her. I already learned their currency and I'm quite used of using it. "Keep the change."

"Thanks ma'am. Come again." I can see her beautiful smile again. I gave her my smile again too.

I took my paper bag from the bagger. I walked out of the grocery store and headed for the parking lot.

I got out my key from my purse and pressed the button. I immediately found my car as I heard its beep.

I entered my car. I put my groceries at the backseat and started the car. I'm about to go at that time but then I heard a loud bang at the back of my car. I got out from the car to see what it is, but with my annoyed face, I monotonously spoke.

"Not again."