All You Need is Love?

"Well, look at you! All dolled up for our little double date!" Winnie winks and nudges me as she walks in.

"Thank you, Winnie." I sigh.

"Let's just get the drinking!" Todd shouts, appearing in the doorway holding up a bottle of wine. I glance over and Blue nervously and laugh; we had never had any alcohol before.

•••

I laughed but soon couldn't remember why. The room felt slightly turned on its side and the lights felt bright. Todd sat with his head down, drinking his wine, as if he was trying to drown out Winnie's talking with his drunkenness. I don't blame him.

Winnie blabbed on about nothing to no one and Blue sat there staring at me with his dark brown puppy dog eyes. I stared back without even realizing it.

"How come I've never seen you two kiss?" Winnie slurred, taking another sip of her wine.

"What?" Blue said, perfectly clear. He must not have touched his wine yet.

"Kiss each other! If you love each other just kiss!"

"Winnie.." Todd started but was quickly hushed by her.

I looked at Blue. He was so cute with his sad little confused face. I leaned in and pressed my lips against his. I closed my eyes, letting the heat of his lips fill my body with warmth. He put his hand on my cheek, pressing harder.

I pulled away and looked down. Our noses touched, and he brought my head back up for more.

"Whoa there, lovebirds. Let's keep it PG, okay?" Winnie laughed but I barely heard her- all I could hear or think about was the fireworks going off in my head. His hand touching my cheek so softly, his lips against mine, it just felt so right.

I pulled away for a second time and looked Blue in the eyes. "What have I done?" I whispered to myself. Blue heard and his face quickly turned. He looked hurt. "Excuse me," I said, getting up from the table and setting my drink down. I ran into the bedroom and flopped onto the bed.

'It felt so right,' I thought to myself, 'yet so wrong at the same time. I love Blue, but not as a lover. As a friend. Did I just ruin our relationship?' I put my head into my pillow and cried until I started to drift off into peaceful sleep...