Chapter 13: Emotions in a Dance

Arisu's POV

We all walk up to the dance studio, which I had no idea even existed, laughing and talking. I don't think I've ever felt so happy just to walk to some place with people I know. I'm kind of excited to teach them to dance. I suppose that it's because I have not done it since I was 13. Dancing used to be a way for me to express my feelings, but when the climax of my depression hit, I just stopped. As we walk I remember something. "I hate to break it to you all, but none of us are really in the proper clothing to dance in." I state looking at all there clothing. "Well I suppose Thoth, Anubis and Takeru are okay but the rest of us aren't. We should probably change into loose and comfortable clothes. We'll meet back up at the dance studio." I take Alonsa's hand in mine and we run to our dorm. When I was gone, she had her room moved to the one next to mine. The trip to our rooms does not take long, and befor I know it, I am changing into baggy trousers and a loose top. I walk out of my room and see that Alonsa is just walking out of her room too. Her hair is tied up into a ponytail and we walk together back to the dance studio. In my pocket, is my MP3 player, holding all of my old dance music. In my mind I have already picked out the songs that would suit everyones dancing styles. Well, Thoth's is still a mystery so I suppose he will just have to do the same as me. Alonsa and Anubis are also a dancing pair. The rest are soloist dancers because their dancing abilities, height, flexibility and strength vary. 

As we arrive, we notice that the guys are already there, all dressed in baggy clothes. We enter without a word and I run over to a music box thingie. I plug in my MP3 player and search for the correct song. "Okay I want you to watch. This is a mixture of dances so watch and figure out which is best for you." I tell them all. I press play and begin my dance to 'Fix A Heart' by Demi Lovato. The dance is dramatic and I use a mix of ballet and contemporary dances. I dance with my entire body, not letting a single part rest for even a moment. I notice Thoth staring at me as I dance, specifically my waist. I think I figured out his type of dance. As the song finishes so do I. Everyone claps.

 "Thoth, get over here." I order. He stands up and I pull him behind me. I change the song to say something and place his hands on my waist. "Just do what feels right." I tell him as the music begins. One of his hands moves up my arm and he drops me into a dip, bringing me back up quickly. I jump up in the air, allowing him to spin me to face him. As he puts me back down, I push him away. We both fall on one knee facing the floor, before we stand up again. Our movements are in perfect sync. As the voice grows more passionate about the lyrics, so do our dance moves. He lifts me up in the air with one of my legs pointing down and the other up. He allows me to drop for a second before catching me. The next time he does it I twist around and land on the floor. He sinks down behind me and takes both of my hands, holding them at my chest. And then he pulls me back into the air, spreading out my arms. I hear gasps as I wrap my legs over his shoulder and he spins. My body laying flat on the air. As the song ends he stands behind me again and holds both of my hands, one pointing in and the other stretching out. I have never had a dance partner dance with me in such a way that made me feel the song as much as I did just then. "You are an amazing dancer." I praise him. Everyone is still sat in awe.

"As are you." He replies sending a small smirk down at me. I stick my tongue out at him playfully. He rolls his eyes. We stare into each others eyes for a few moments, and then out of the corner of my eye I see Alonsa's furious nosebleed. "Oh my... Alonsa what happened?" I practically run over to her. She giggles softly. "I'm sorry just the way you and Thoth danced looked really passionate and adorable and I tend to get nosebleeds when I feel like squealing too hard but I can't." I sigh and shake my head, not even bothering to remind her that me and Thoth will most likely never get together because I'm not his type. "Go and clean yourself up." Apollon is trying to muffle giggles. I wonder, why? Suddenly arms pick me up and spin me into there chest. I look up and see Hades. "May I take the next dance with my niece?" He asks, being over polite. "Of course my dearest Uncle." Little did I know that half of the guys were stiffling laughter because of Thoth's jealous expression. I notice Apollon and Loki take Thoth out of the room. I shrug, deciding it must be a guy thing.

Thoth's POV

Apollon and Loki practically drag me out of the room. "You really have to tell her. It's pretty obvious she likes you too." Apollon tells me. Loki nods in agreement. I decide to play dumb about it, although I know that they are talking about me confessing to Artemis. "I don't know what you're talking about." I state, lying through my teeth. "Yes you do. You can't lie to the God of Mischief. You have already admitted that you love her to us, but yet you still haven't told her. You need to as well. Who knows when she'll next get kidnapped." I growl at the words that come from Loki's mouth.

"I won't allow that to happen." 

"Exactly. This is why you obviously love her. You hate the fact that she's been hurt, and the thought that she might get hurt kills you. You've got to tell her. Either that or she eventually loses interest in you and goes for someone else." My heart tenses at Apollon's words.

"I know, I just don't know how. I've tried looking in books for the best answer, but nothing seems to fit." I say. It's true. I have looked in every romance book there is to figure out how to confess to Artemis. "That's stupid. You have to make your own way of saying it, else it won't be as personal. Just do what you feel is right, but I swear if you do anything to hurt my sister I will cause you ultimate pain." I realise, he's right. 

"I'll do it. I will tell Artemis that I love her tomorrow." This earns me two grins.

"Good, oh and by the way, the only reason that Hades asked her to dance with him, was so that we could talk to you without her following. So there's no need to get jealous."