chapter 4

"Ok" announced Geoff in a cheery tone.
"We are going to do standing long jump, so you line your feet up with the line on the long jump mat, then you swing your arms and spring of your toes to jump as far as your can so I can give you your distance" explained Geoff.
"First get in a line, and when is your turn tell me your name so I can write it down"
We all got in a single file line and my best friend Jenna was at the front.
"What's your name?" Geoff asked Jenna.
"My names Jenna Didsbury' Jenna politely replied. She lined up her types with the line on the mat, then she swing her arms and bent her knees, she spring of her toes and jumped amazingly. You could see the suprise as my best friend travelled through the air.
Unfortunately as Jenna landed she stumbled backwards and put her her behind her so Geoff had to measure from her hand.
" Wow Jenna that was superb,! Have you ever done that before! "
"No" Jenna replied blushing.
"Right, Jenna you jumped.... 1m72cm witch is amazing for first go!"
It was me next!
"OK, what's your name?" Geoff asked me.
"Hi, I'm Ashli King"
"Nice to meet you Ashli!
I lined up my toes to the white line before swinging my arms and springing of my toes and going through the air, I couldn't guide get the power that Jenna had however I had a lot more spring.
As my feet landed on solid ground I looked at Geoff who looked exctremely empresses
"Woa that was good, was that your first go as well?"
"Yeah" I admitted
"You jumped 1m73! One more centimeter than Jenna, well done!"

Later on Steve change over, he was the only coach I hadn't met yet.
"Hi Geoff, are you ready to do the final swap!" Asked Steve
"Yeah that's fine!"

"OK can my group go to Steve and Kazs group come to me"

Me and Jenna walked over to Steve who was surrounded by black balls. Me and Jenna looked curiously before Steve started to explain.
"We are going to have a go at shot put now, so get in a line for me and the first person step forwards"

The first person happened to be Jenna again.

"Right said Steve, because you are quite small you have the smaller short put. Note what I need you to do is place the shot in your jaw bone with one hand and aim with the other hand, then push the shot away, also make sure you push not throw"

Jenna took her place and follow Geoff's instructions and pushed the shot that well it hit the wall at the other end. Steve was taken back by this amazing throw.

After we all threw Geoff instructed us to sit in the middle of the hall while the coaches: Geoff Steve and Kaz chose the person who they thought proformed the best.

"Outside the person who extremely excelled was..." Started Kaz "Ashli King!" Everyone clapped loudly.

"Well done Ashli. Steve who empresses you the most?"

"It was definitely was.... Jenna Didsbury!" Said Steve

"And I pick Ashli King!" Said Geoff.

"Right children, you can collect your bags and leave, however first us coaches would like a weird with Jenna and Ashli"

Me and my best friend collected out bags and walked over to where Kaz Steve and Geoff were standing
"Girls, on a Sunday morning 9 till 10 we run an athletics session at wet uprooted school sports hall, we have noticed great talent in you both and we would be delighted to invite you to come.

" OK we will come" we replied.