Chapter 7: The Confrontation

I didn't know how I did it, but I had created an arm guard out of my own blood. I didn't have time to think to long about, because Shinguru was done with ranged attacks. She was coming for close ranged combat. She swung with the dagger, for my neck, but I jumped back and grabbed her arm. She grabbed my arm and, brought my arm guard to her eyes.
"Good."
She held out her unarmed hand at my stomach and a force pushed me to the ground.
"But, not good enough."
She stood in front of me, looking as adamant as possible.
"Not yet."
She tossed me her knife and went into a stance.
"Get up!"
I grabbed the knife and got up doing a similar stance.
"Lesson two: Confrontation"
I thought to myself, this is ridiculous, having to try and cause harm to the one I love. Just then I remembered how hopeless I felt fighting that werewolf. He almost had me beat. I couldn't let that happen again. I needed to be able to protect her. My grip tightened around the knife. In fury, clashed my knife against her dagger. Sparks started to fly from friction. Shinguru seemed to be shocked at how fast I was adapting to her teaching methods. As I slashed away at her blade, she was backed into a tree. To my surprise she easily started walking backwards up the trunk. She gave a sly smirk as she went out of reach.
"Come on."
She gestures for me to come here.
"Hm"
I then throw my knife high into a nearby tree, run up the trunk use it to pull myself higher than Shinguru. Her eyes widened. My legs push into the tree and I jump to make an aerial strike at her.
"I've have you now!"
The impact of my blade against the dagger knocks it right out of her hands and we both free fall. I then grab and hold her my arms for impact. As I hit the ground my back creates a small crater.
"Ugh."
My grip loosened as I was weakened by the fall. I open my eyes to see Shinguru's smiling face.
"You're a natural!"
She then gives me a kiss on the cheek.
"You've got combat down. Time for your final lesson."