Chapter 6: The Evasion

I awake with Shinguru in my arms. My body was still enduring the transformation. As I get up, I cover her in the covers and walk to the bathroom. When I look in the mirror, I can hardly recognize the person on the other side. I was new again. Reborn. My fist clenched with excitement. Just then, a pair of feminine arms wrap around my waist.
"Is this what you wanted?"
I then hold her hands.
"Everything and more."
"Good."
She twirls around my body and kisses me.
"Your training starts at midnight." She said with a smirk.
As my eyes widen she drop the covers on the floor and walks out the bathroom as seductively as possible.
"Heh."
She was something else. Soon midnight had struck as I was drinking soup. All of a sudden, a big boot had slapped me against my face. So hard in fact, that I flew through my glass sliding door and fell down three stories.
"Damn it!"
I said as I pulled the glass from my flesh.
Shinguru balanced herself out on the balcony railing.
"Lesson one: Evasion."
She pulled out a knife and sliced her right palm. The blood that ran down her hand soon began to take the shape of a dagger.
"Learn quickly!"
Shinguru jumps off the balcony and starts running after me. I try to run but it was too late I had to dodge. She swung the blade and I ducked. She sliced off a few strands of my hair.
"Good."
She then pulled the dagger up and intended to stab my chest. Instinctively, I grabbed her arm just as the blade was about to reach my chest. I then lift her with my feet and kick her off of me. She hits the trunk of the tree and the impact breaks it down.
"Sigh."
I had no time to rest, so I started running deep into the forest. It was dark, but my new eyes were adjusting well. I could see everything clearly as if it were day. When I thought I was a safe enough distance I hid behind a tree. After my heart rate had slowed down, it was all quiet. Only thing to break the silence was the sound of metal piercing threw tree bark. I looked to my left and right next to my head was the point of the blade, coming out from the other side.
"I can smell you Setsu, and if I can smell you, I can see you."
I jumped back from the tree and see Shinguru tackling it down with one arm. After she pulls her dagger out of the tree, she makes another cut into her left palm and aims it at me. The blood slowly turns into shuriken throwing stars. .
"No where to run."
She then shoots her set of shuriken, all of them set on vital areas. There was nothing I could do. She was faster, she was stronger, and knew what it meant to be a vampire. What it meant to be the moon's assassin. I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and braced myself for injury. I did not feel the steel enter my body. I only her the sound of metal hitting metal. When I opened my eyes, I saw that I had created an arm guard of blood from glass wounds. Shinguru and I both had shocked expressions.