You lied

It was the night of the school's orchestra concert and everybody looked so professional. We all wore a long sleeved buttoned up white shirt with black jeans and a teal bow tie. The boys wore black socks and black dress shoes while girls wore black socks with black flats. My hair was in a ponytail that was all curled up. All of the orchestra members from 6th,7th,and 8th grade was in the band room of the theater,rehearsing their songs before they have to go on stage. I was talking with my friends while waiting for Christian to arrive. "When is he coming here,I bet he looks the cutest one out of all of the boys in this room!" I thought to myself. Then he finally walked in. I was trying to push people out of the way to get to him but he was too quick. He went to the area I was in so I had to go back.

                              Before walking to him,I tried to relax myself before going to him. I went to him slowly holding my violin and bow plus my music,hoping I would get to practice with him. When I sat right next to him,I said in a very excited voice "Hi Christian! You look really handsome tonight". He looked up to me in a very serious face and that made me very nervous. Then he said something that broke my heart into dust.

"Nikki,Can we just be friends?"

                             I know that being friends is still okay but it meant that it was true that he was willing to break up for that girl. I was not sure why he wanted to break up but I didn't even bother asking. I just said sure in a fake cheerful voice so I wouldn't seem sad. I walked away leaving all my stuff next to him. I told my friends and they kept trying to comfort me. I kept saying that I was fine but I really wasn't. I felt betrayed. I ran to the bathroom,trying to stop myself to cry but I saw a tear run my cheek. Then Bri came in "Are you okay Nikki? and this time be honest""What are you talking about?! I'm fine okay?! Look I need to use the toilet just go and get ready" I said in a very irritated voice, She understood why I was like this so she just left me alone without hesitation. I went into a stall and tried to calm myself down. "Why did this had to happen? Especially in this day. Christian.... You lied to me......"