vii

NOTE: In a previous chapter, I had it written that Christmas had already happened. I meant for it to be Thanksgiving, so I changed edited the chapter and NOW it's almost Christmas. Sorry for any confusion!

-

"and on that day the two realized the importance of their friendship, a friendship that would grow into something more."

***

Aviana's POV

"You fucking dyed your hair brown?" Harry asked from across the table, baffled. It was quite funny to be honest.

"I've been wanting to for a while now and love it, so shut up about it," I reached for my latte and took a sip. Why was it so unbelievable to him?

"I really like it, actually. Was just not expecting that," he shook his head but smiled as he stared at me.

"As you know I'm not predictable in any sense of the word. I was thinking I'll go lilac next time. Thoughts?"

It was relatively quiet in Landonbrookes this morning, Susan being the only one around besides Harry and I. Probably because it was snowing badly outside. I liked when it wasn't busy in the café, the music was more enjoyable and Harry was able to just sit and talk. It was nice.

He looked especially adorable today, clad in an army green jumper with the words 'obsession' embroidered in white, a wild patterned bandana holding in the beloved curls.

"I bet you'd rock it, you hipster. You know, you bring this on yourself," he pointed out and laughed, getting up to make himself a coffee.

I rolled my eyes and opened my laptop in hopes of finishing a story for my creative writing class. My professor had assigned us to write a story about one of the earthly elements and how they relate to our everyday life.

"H, can you read this horrible paper I have to write for creative writing?"

He walked over slowly in hopes of not spilling the hot drink. I turned my laptop towards him and watched as his emeralds skimmed over the words.

"That's amazing. I didn't know you were that good at writing, Av. Are you almost done with it?" he took a sip from his coffee and flinched, probably because he burned his tongue. It happened every day. He never learned.

"I guess so, but it doesn't really have an effect on me as I read it, you know? I'll probably just edit it and hope for the best," I sighed. I loved college and all of my classes, but it was so stressful.

My head rested in my hands and the music Harry had picked out flowed through my ears soothingly. One thing I loved about him was his music taste, it was a perfect blend of all genres that all came together beautifully. Fucking hipster.

"I personally thought it had an effect on me, I bet you'll get an A," he assured as he held his tongue with a frown on his face.

I nodded my head, tucked the piece of stray hair behind my ear and got to editing. It only took a few minutes and an empty coffee mug, two songs and three customers coming and going before I had it sent to my professor.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked Harry once he sat across from me again.

"I was going to play some stuff on guitar and work on a song I'm writing, maybe call my mum. Would you want to come help clean my flat? I've been meaning to do it since I moved in." It's pretty sad that I actually thought cleaning his flat would be enjoyable. But, the chance of hearing him play guitar and even sing was promising and there was no way I could pass it up.

"Sure, when do you get off work?"

He shut his journal and capped his pen before looking at the clock on the wall behind him.