No

3rd person Pov.
🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

As Hiccup approached Toothless, you could see the friendship between the two. You would never see one without the other.

That is just how they were.

One with the other, and the other with them.

So it came as no surprise when Toothless tackled Hiccup in joy at seeing him.

"Ha ha ewwww!!!! Toothless! You know that doesn't come out bud!!" Hiccup exclaimed whilst wiping off as much dragon slobber as possible.

You can hear a few chuckles from the crowd of Vikings that had gathered around him and his dragon. Everything was peaceful. But that was all about to change.

"Wow Hiccup! Who knew Nightfurys would make such excellent pets!" Eret said, getting a frozen Hiccup and a pale worried look from Stoic.

"What did you say?" Hiccup barely audibly whispered, with a lethal edge to his voice.

"Your Nightfury, he makes an excellent pet." He replied.

"Son, calm dow..." But Stoic didn't get to finish that sentence, for Hiccup had already jumped onto Eret, and started fighting him.

Toothless Pov.
🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸🔹🔸

Just as Eret has finished his sentence, I felt Hiccup stiffen, his back going straight, fists clenched, he replied.

"What did you say?" He whispered just loud enough for him to be heard.

"Your Nightfury, he makes an excellent pet." Eret replied. By now, he was starting to irritate me.

"Son, calm dow..." But before Stoic could finish the sentence, or I could attack Eret, Hiccup was on Him, beating the snot out of him. 'There's my mate' I boasted proudly in my head.

3rd person Pov.
🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺🔻🔺

As the crowd got bigger, people noticed that Eret was loosing, badly.

Hiccup was on top of him, throwing punches left and right, breaking his nose, and causing his skin to tear open.

Then, to everyone's surprise, Hiccup had gotten Eret's sword away from him, and was now holding one across his neck, and one ready to spear through his head.

Eret immediately froze, to afraid to move from the possibility of getting seriously wounded and being killed.

"He. Is. Not. A. Pet. Do you understand me?! Answer me!!!"

"I-I underst-tand H-hiccup."

"That goes for the rest of you! Toothless is family to me! Not just some pet!"

And with that he got onto his dragon, and flew off, leaving everyone in a state of disarray. No one had ever seen Hiccup like that before. One thing is for sure.

He is not a pet.