eleven.

'If I were to tell you that you could all go home today, how would you feel?'

'Good... I would feel good'

'And how about you, Jojo?'

'I guess I would be really happy, I'd get to see my dogs'

'Carter? Can you explain how you would feel?'

'I wouldn't feel anything... I don't exactly have a home to go back to. This is the closest thing I've got and it ain't even much'

He nods, sighing before turning to me '...Chandler'

'I-I... I'd like to think I would be happy' My voice comes out weak and shaky 'B-but, I-I don't really think I would'

'Home isn't always where family is...' He begins 'Home could be a friend's house or maybe the coffee shop down the street with all the nice workers, home could be anywhere. Home is where you are and what you find comforting. You don't always know where by the snap of your finger, but you'll know when you get there. I promise you'

That makes sense.

'I believe that's all for today, thank you for coming' He bows his head and goes grab his sticker pad, handing them to the boy next to him to pass around

When it came to me, I got a circle sticker with a monkey holding two bananas. It had excellent printed on it and smelled like butterscotch.

'Have a blessed day, I will see you on Thursday' The grown man finishes and dismisses us

I got up slowly and waited a moment before going to the door just so that I wouldn't get trampled while trying to get through.

I headed to the cafeteria with a frown and grabbed a plate, sitting down afterwards. My mind finally understood that Mister KC was gone, and I'd be lying if I said it was devastating me.

I didn't really want to eat much, but I knew I would have to have a bite or two just so I wouldn't be sicker than I already am.

Today, I wanted to wear a skirt but I couldn't. That was also making me sad. I wanted to feel the silky lace of my favourite one along with the kitten stockings that I held so close to my heart.

I wanted to be girly today, it just made me happy to dress all pretty... especially for Carter.

There wasn't much for me in the cafeteria, so I made my way back to the lounging area to escape the aroma of food. I noticed Carter on the couch and made my way towards him.

He was lying down with his hand over the middle of his face, he looked peaceful and I felt back for what I was about to do, but sometimes they get mad at patients for sleeping on main furniture. His body shifts and I could hear his breath hitch before his eyes flutter open right before I reach my destination 'Hi, love'

His voice gave me butterflies, like always

'H-hi'

'Wanna sit? I can move'

'You're fine, I'm about to go shower'