twenty.

'Are you mad?'

'I'm disappointed'

'Why? You don't even like him'

'You punched somebody, Carter!'

'So?'

'You're lucky a guard didn't see you, because they-'

'Would've put me in a maximum security ward, yeah yeah yeah, I know'

I sigh, shaking my head

'Personally, I don't see the problem' He shrugs 'He got what he deserved'

'I think you bruised your knuckles...'

'Kid has a hard jaw' He chuckles

'Why do you think this is funny?'

'You're overreacting way too much, angel' A smirk twitches the side of his mouth 'Just... fucking relax, it's fine'

'You shouldn't be like that to the person who's icing your hand'

He huffs, rolling his eyes. It was clear he hadn't had any medication and he was simply just agitated.

'Yeah, thanks'

'Carter' I mumble 'Please'

'You're not being nice about this, Chandler!' He sneers

'I don't have to be!'

'You've been treating me like trash since you lost the fucking baby'

'N-no' I shake my head 'That's not true, you don't get to put that all on me'

'You're mad and upset, I get that' He nods 'But you have no interest in hearing how I feel about the miscarriage. You just don't fucking care!'

I drop the bag of ice on his hand and covers my face with my hands. I really didn't wanna talk about this, but he insisted for some reason 'You can be upset if you want, but blood didn't rush down your thighs and last time I checked, you didn't spend days in the infirmary with the news of your dead baby in your head'

'I stayed with you the entire time, you asshole' He growls 'Day and night, I was by the fucking bedside, what the hell?!'

'Okay'

'You have a nice day now, Riggs' His middle finger flicks up at me and he shifts to the doorway 'Fucking ignorant'

I was flustered. I wasn't trying to act like I was the only one that suffered from a loss, but I am the one who suffered from a different kind.

It was his child, his own child, but I carried it for god knows how long-- and then lost it abruptly.

So, yes, we both had a loss-- but mine was more severe, and I'm not even sure if I'm sorry for admitting that.

While, he was off having a tantrum, I decided to go spend some quality time with Mitchie since it had been a while.

She didn't know why I had disappeared for as long as I did. This isn't a giant family building, so people don't exactly walk up to you and explain why your friend is missing.

I obviously needed to be honest with her, because she's literally put up with me for the past three months and I was allowing her to let go any time soon, not like she would want to, she's too much of a good friend.

'Knock knock' I say softly, gently knocking on her door 'It's C-Riggle'

'Come sit!' She smiles, patting the spot beside her